View Full Version : IE press ok to continue

fivepetpalace
03-21-2005, 06:51 AM
when loading topic thread here I get the message box;

Press ok to continue loading the content of this page

press ok every time it pops up and the messages finally load :?

Michael
x50v

Darius Wey
03-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Have you enabled PIE to accept cookies? To do this, load PIE and select Tools > Options, then search for the part when you can modify Cookies settings.

SteveHoward999
03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
You are talking about browsing with your PDA right?

PocketPC 2003 SE has the 'fix' that Microsoft wrote to get around the lawsuit last year where some wiseguy was trying to claim to have the patent on plugins. They forgot to take out that 'fix' when the lawsuit collapsed, so when Flash files are on a web page you get the 'security' dialogue that you see.

There's really no fix at your end, but the web site can make changes to get around it. They need to disguise the Flash files by calling the Flash file with JavaScript instead of referencing them directly inside an Object expression. Macromedia used to have a technote explaining the details of this, but I cannot find it right now. I guess they took it down when the law suit was thrown out of court.

Jason Dunn
03-21-2005, 07:28 PM
when loading topic thread here I get the message box; Press ok to continue loading the content of this page

That happens because you're browsing the desktop version of the site on your Pocket PC and there's some code that the Pocket PC is puking on. If you become a subscriber (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) you'll get optimized mobile forums and won't see this error.

fivepetpalace
03-21-2005, 10:49 PM
So it is a marketing trick :lol:

Well, I've always thought I should subscibe to this site anyway!!!

I've seen threads related to this issue and flash sites that won't load...is this still a problem, or does A02 fix it/make it worse?

SteveHoward999
03-21-2005, 11:11 PM
If anyone responsible for web development cares about this, here's how to work around it

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=195&threadid=901451&highlight_key=y&keyword1=Windows%20Mobile