View Full Version : Where should a program be stored, for best performance.

scarletknight
03-20-2005, 09:37 PM
I have an ipaq 4705. It is not performing at its optimal level. Sometimes it take more than usual time to load a program.

As a result of my memory problems, I almost always get an error message from active sych stating: switch to another program or retry. I have no idea what these things are referring to.

I wanted to know what's the best possible location to store my softwares on my ipaq, i.e. internal memory, ipaq store, or an SD card?

Should erase everything and store on recommended location?

What is the best ram amount that should be displayed for best results?

Steven Cedrone
03-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Please remember that when you post on a Sunday, it may take some time before you get a response to your question! Historically, Sunday is a slow day!

scarletknight
03-21-2005, 12:24 AM
see topic

IpaqMan2
03-21-2005, 02:31 AM
I suspect it really depends on the program.

There are some programs I store on my iPaq's internal memory because it needs to synchronize with activesync, such as AvantGo, Pocket Informant, and so on...

But almost everything else doesn't require to sync I load onto my SD card.

Try uninstalling any programs you have to sync with active sync and reloading them on to your PPC's internal memory and see if that helps. If not you may need to do a hard reset and load everything one at a time and see if the error comes back with what program you may have loaded..

Menneisyys
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
You may want to check out http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36674 for a really thorough discussion.