View Full Version : Which PPC phone

sunnyawesome
03-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi I'm Sunny

I currently use hp ipaq 2215 along with T610.
I am looking forward to use just only 1 device.
can u guys tell me which ppc phone to buy
following r my requirements....
(1) should be fast like my 2215
(2) should have camera with video recording
(3) beautiful to look at(should be flashy !)
(4) should be around $700

surur
03-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Sounds like youi want some jam. Imate Jam specifically.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/web/2003/parekh-20040909-imateJAM-big.jpg

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAction=DETAILS_JAM

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=511311

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000233031839

http://geek.com/hwswrev/pda/jam/index.htm

Similar specs to your 2215, but the size of your t610. How could you lose? :)

Surur

TopDog
03-19-2005, 05:33 PM
I've had this one, only under the brand Qtek s100 for two weeks now. Love it like crazy! It's a REALLY sexy thing :ppclove:

Before, when I walked around with my Qtek 2020 (XDA II), people just thought I was a geek, but this baby really turns the eyes.

The screen is smaller, just 2.8 inch, and there is only 57MB available RAM, but I got used to the screen fast, and just remember to use a memorycard as much as possible, and it's no problem.

sunnyawesome
03-20-2005, 07:18 AM
but i don't any comprimise on screen size !!

it ought to be atleast 3.5"( i watch videos on the go u know )

MitchellO
03-20-2005, 11:13 AM
I watch videos on the XDA II Mini (same as the JAM/q100) and it is great. Perfect quality, great brightness/colour and not to small. I find it no different than the 3.5" on my old iPAQ 4355. You have nothing to worry about with the smaller screen. I have not noticed the difference of the 2.8" over the 3.5" screen.

I have had a h2210, and the XDA II Mini replaced my t610 and h4355, and it beats the lot of them. It is not a lot bigger than the t610. Go for it!!

Chris Spera
03-20-2005, 06:12 PM
You may also want to try the PDA2k. It has everything you're looking for, but is a bit more expensive. If you're in the US, then you could try the SX66, the Cingular version of the PDA2k. It has what you want in the price range you're looking for.

Kadegboye
03-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi,
I agree with Chris; i-mate PDA 2K is the way to go for your desire. In the last two weeks, I have advised two of my friends to get this device and they have been thrilled with its performance. You can get it through MobilePlanet with service from T-Mobile and a hundred dollar rebate. SX66 is Cingular equivalent of I-Mate PDA 2K in the USA. I-mate jam is a similar device except that it has a smaller memory. Best of luck.
Kay.

ChristopherTD
03-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Please no more eulogies for the i-Mate Jam! The delivery date for mine has just been put back till after Easter (sob).

Seriously though, I am really looking forward to getting it. I tend to carry my iPaq 5500 most places, and view the cellphone as an added irritant. Merging the two is ideal, especially as the Jam is scarcely any bigger than my existing cell phone.

One question for the Jam owners - how is it for use without a case? Is it possible to carry it in a pocket without a case and not have buttons activated, numbers dialed and other pocket mayhem ?

sunnyawesome
03-21-2005, 08:15 AM
what about the battery life

this is quite important coz the extra features are useless if u have got a fear to use them on the road and the battery perters out !!

does XDA O2 has good battery life and wat about the others

bnycastro
03-22-2005, 05:06 AM
I used to have an hp iPAQ h2210 and a Nokia 7610.

Now I only carry one device! i-mate JAM (or XDAmini or Qtek s100 or dopod 818) is the way to go! As for your concerns:

The camera is not so good but bearable better than the SE T610s
Watching Video is no problem. You get used to the 2.8' screen also it is the same resolution as your current PPC. 320x240.
Size is fantastic! It is definitely small and pocketable.
Speed and Performance will vary on what you put in your device.
Battery life is so so. It lasts like a normal mobile (2 days for me).

sunnyawesome
03-22-2005, 07:25 AM
which one is less expensive....
xda o2 or imate mini

Pigpen_the_Nerd
03-22-2005, 07:48 AM
I opted for an audiovox ppc-4100 from ebay for about 150 bucks...not real fast, not a lot of memory, but my axim x50v has everything I need except the phone...the CF gsm card was too much of a hassle...I'm making due with the ppc-4100 until this summer when some new devices will hit the streets...(honestly though....I've been flopping back and forth for weeks over the pda2k or the Jam...leaning more towards the Jam) but the pda2k is too big and the Jam has no wifi and too little memory...nicer price though...if you like slick, the Jam would do it for you...but dang it, no wifi....unless you want a card sticking out an extra inch and ruining the visual appeal. :)

surur
03-22-2005, 08:28 AM
which one is less expensive....
xda o2 or imate mini

Mini is cheaper.

Surur

darrylb
03-23-2005, 01:45 AM
I've had both devices and I'm currently using the CDMA version of the PDA2k.

In my opinion, when doing lots of data entry with the screen, I found the screen a little too small and the stylus tended to stick into my hand a little.

The PDA2k has loads of buttons which is useful for quickly switching between apps, it has WiFi (the Jam doesn't), a slide out keyboard that you can take or leave - but its built in and takes no more room, and finally the PDA2k has loads more memory 128 Mb vs 64.

If you are a power user you'll like the PDA2k better. If you just want a small phone with some extended data functionality that you cant find on a smart phone, then the Jam will be fine.

In terms of battery life, I think the Jam is better, but it will vay depending on the nature of the connection you are using and the cellular provider you are with.

The CDMA version has fantastic WAN speeds - especially here in NZ, and this is better for me than Wireless LAN as a rule of thumb (there are exceptions).

MitchellO
03-23-2005, 06:21 AM
The XDA II Mini is typically more expensive than the Imate JAM (not imate mini). The XDA II Mini also has a 256Mb SD card in the box, bumping the price up a little bit more too. Get the JAM, and get yourself a 512Mb+ card. If you want wifi, get an SD Wifi (i use a Sandisk one) and it works great!

bnycastro
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm with MitchellO on this one! As a JAM owner myself. I got a Sandisk 256MB +WiFi, and a 1GB PQI SD card (my 1GB Sandisk SD card died on me, the problem is shipping it back to SanDisk to have it replaced would cost more than the card).

walid
03-27-2005, 02:58 PM
hi guys

i am new here and i am using a palm and i am thinking to move to a pocketpc.. so i was looking for some devices and i really liked the imate jame but i found that the imate Qtek 2020 is no longer in the clubimate but when i looked around some sites i found that the imate Qtek 2020 is more expensive and better than the imate jam

so i just wants to know which one is better and is there any news about a new imate coming up or any other ppc phone worth waiting for coz i am not in a hurry

thank u

euromed
04-11-2005, 12:49 PM
If you can wait till the 4th quarter of this year, samsung's gonna have a beauty sgh i750 it's all you need.-
- 128 MB flash memory
- 64 MB SDRAM
- T-Flash card slot
- 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video, flash
- Bluetooth
- WLAN
- EDGE
- HTML browser
- Windows Media Player
- SyncML
- T9
- Voice memo