View Full Version : boxwave style USB sync/charger cable for x50v?

zilla31
03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
boxwave doesn't have one yet - anyone know of any other company that makes one? i'm talking the retractable kind :)

Jason Dunn
03-16-2005, 04:57 AM
http://www.pocketpctechs.com/Accessories.asp?type=lilsync

Best ones on the market, and you might be able to save some money on your order by using the subscriber discount coupon. :-)

zilla31
03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
hey jason thanks - what discount do i use? the pocketpctechs in the discount section looks like it's for upgrades/repairs. thanks!!!

Sven Johannsen
03-16-2005, 04:28 PM
While PPCTechs is likely a better unit, it isn't even due out for a couple more weeks. Seidio has one now. http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CBUDPAXX50R

It's cheaper, but shorter, and the PPCTechs is going to come with a splitter that you can use two USB ports to beef up the current. I got the Seidio because I needed one before the PPCTechs one came out, and it works OK. Keep in mind that the X50 is designed that it will not charge from USB while it is on. I'll likely get a PPCTechs model when it is available, and someone reviews the two port concept.

drop
03-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Wait for the PPCTechs one.

I have the Seidio one and have the inability-to-sync-and-charge-if-power-is-below-90% problem. Aximsite has an exhaustive discussion on that matter.

Same as Sven, I will get the PPCTechs one when it becomes available.

zilla31
03-16-2005, 04:55 PM
yeah i went ahead and ordered the ppctechs one - what's this:

PPCTechs is going to come with a splitter that you can use two USB ports to beef up the current

Jason Dunn
03-16-2005, 08:32 PM
hey jason thanks - what discount do i use? the pocketpctechs in the discount section looks like it's for upgrades/repairs. thanks!!!

Good question...I'll ask them and check. :-)

Jason Dunn
03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
PPCTechs is going to come with a splitter that you can use two USB ports to beef up the current

That means that if you happen to have a USB port that doesn't provide quite enough power, there's a splitter that will allow you to connect the cable to two USB ports to get the job done.

Sven Johannsen
03-16-2005, 08:58 PM

That means that if you happen to have a USB port that doesn't provide quite enough power, there's a splitter that will allow you to connect the cable to two USB ports to get the job done.

Since each USB port is supposed to be able to supply 500ma, using two, correctly, in parrallel, should give you about an amp available.

I actually have a little USB hard drive that has one USB cord for the data and a second one for power, for the same reason.

Jason Dunn
03-16-2005, 09:14 PM

Ok, so it turns out it will work on UPGRADES and ACCESSORIES but not repairs. I'll update the subscriber coupon description.