View Full Version : my Pocket PC doesn't turn off!!!

alex222
03-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Something is wrong with my e400! When I try to turn it off the screen goes dark for a second and then it turns back on and the voice recorder starts to record. When I reconfigured all buttons to "close/no action" it doesn't start recording, but it wouldn't turn off either!

Here's even more: if I let it sit for a while, it's supposed to turn off automatically and it does, but it turns on in a second! Of course, the baterry drains out and all data are lost, I just can't use my PDA anymore!

It seems like the record buton is stuck, any idea how to fix it?

Has anybody seen anything like that?

Thanks!

Steven Cedrone
03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Have you tried a soft reset?

alex222
03-15-2005, 07:26 PM
I have and it didn't help.
In effect, since the battery drained out several times already, there have been several "hard reboots" and it didn't help.

yankeejeep
03-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Just a thought. Do you have a peripheral card (as opposed to memory) in your SD slot? If it is a wifi or BT card, it may be looking for a connection and keeps your PPC awake in order to do so.

The other thought would be that something on your device has been set to automatically try to connect and sync. Check the ActiveSync settings on the e400 and make sure that a default mobile schedule is trying to run. Also, make sure any email accounts other than the ActiveSync inbox account are not set to try to automatically connect and check for mail. Any of these auto settings could be causing the e400 to wake up and attempt to find a connection.

Otherwise, sounds like it might be return time and another shot at refurbished roulette.