View Full Version : TASK REMINDERS

johnyaxim
03-15-2005, 02:39 PM
this is something I'm sure all pocket pc users get frustrated with. When activesyncing for some reason micorsoft decided not to allow the reminder times for tasks to sync. Furthermore when the reminder does show up on my pocket pc (I have it set to show the littel bell) and i click on the bell, it brings up all tasks, not just the one the reminder is for.

what I'm wondering is, does anyone use or have heard of any 3rd party software that may fix this issue.

What I really want to do is be able to sync my task reminder times from outlook onto my pocket pc. and when a certain tasks reminder is due, have only that task show up on my pocket pc (not just bring up all tasks).

I really would appericate any help or advice anyone has to offer. Thank you!

Jason Dunn
03-15-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't know of any app that fixes/enhances this. Tasks are the forgotten bastard child on the Pocket PC. :-(

johnyaxim
03-15-2005, 06:52 PM
tell me about it! how can MS be so short sided!?!?!? And this is really just the tip of the iceberg. I mean how many of us have spent countless dollars on third party apps. Most of which are for basic functionality, like displaying appointments in a meanful and organized order on the today screen. Or the ability to have a cascading start menu, or the ability to have a task bar at the top of the screen for easy switching between apps. It's almost like MS does the bear minimum just to turn a profit.

AggieJon
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
It's almost like MS does the bear minimum just to turn a profit.

My gosh, you may be on to something! :wink: