View Full Version : Microsoft's Vision Of A Mobile Future?

Ed Hansberry
03-15-2005, 02:00 AM
<a href="http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/Feb05/mobilefuture.aspx">http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/Feb05/mobilefuture.aspx</a><br /><br /><i>"The year is 2009 and Robert is the head of California Design Studio, a multi-million dollar architectural firm in San Diego. His firm is competing with three others for the prestigious commercial complex proposed near O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. Robert takes the morning flight to Chicago. He reviews the materials he is carrying on his Pocket PC, which consists of a PowerPoint presentation on the credentials of his firm, the concept design of the proposed plan in AutoCAD, a walk through simulation of the proposed complex in 3-D, and video clips from his firm's previous projects in Phoenix and Seattle."</i><br /><br />Interesting article from two Microsoft India employees. Still, I will never <i><b>ever</b></i> use a laser keyboard. I have nerve endings with tactile response for a reason.

Bajan Cherry
03-15-2005, 05:49 AM
Pocket PC in 2009 will finally live upto "PC" in its name. OQO and other such devices will see to it. I do not see the need for running another OS and crippled apps on Pocket PC as we know it today. Do not get me wrong - I love my Pocket PC and spend enough money on that love. Nevertheless I would much love a PDA running full blown XP (or whatever is the latest OS in year 2009) and all the applications that I run on my desktop. This convergence is going to happen and I feel positive, will happen in next few years.

I also do not see the need to travel to make presentations. We already have technology that eliminates the need to travel to make the presentations. It is just the bandwidth that comes in the way. But I guess, bandwidth may not remain an issue even in countries like India.

Maximo
03-15-2005, 05:52 AM
"Robert attempted to make a change to his presentation but MS left out many functions and features needed to accomplish this task. Out of frustration he pounds his head on the seatback tray blinding himself with the laser being emitted from the PocketPC...."

Dyvim
03-15-2005, 02:41 PM
"Robert attempted to make a change to his presentation but MS left out many functions and features needed to accomplish this task. Out of frustration he pounds his head on the seatback tray blinding himself with the laser being emitted from the PocketPC...."

Too true! And don't forget:

"In the middle of his presentation Robert's PocketPC locked up and needed to be hard reset. Robert spent the next half hour trying to recover his data from backup and profusely apologizing to his clients. In the end, the company decided to award the contract to another firm that delivered a flawless presentation using a Notebook PC. Robert's company blames him for his poor decision to travel only with a PocketPC when he should have brought his laptop, and Robert's career enters a downward spiral."

firefoxrocks
04-05-2005, 06:54 PM
just hope that there will still be palms in the year 2009 :lol: