View Full Version : Pocket PowerPoint for Pocket PC???

kahchong
03-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi!, I am currently having a HP iPAQ hx 3700 running on the windows mobile 2003 SE.

Since I often use my pocket pc for entertainment stuff and frequently uses some office tools that are similar to the desktop pc like the Pocket Word and the Pocket Excel...

But the thing is that i noticed that all the pocket pc is only equiped with Pocket Word and Excel but does not have the Pocket PowerPoint...i wonder why it is not bundled together...
Is there anyway to get the Pocket PowerPoint besides having the ClearVue Presentation that I have from the my pocket pc cd-rom.

Thanks!

Kah Chong.

Sven Johannsen
03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
There are several third party programs that provide a PoerPoint(ish) capability. Clearvue is the only one that actually allows you to view .ppt files directly. That is an advantage if you get a PPT in an e-mail attachment. The disadvantage of course is that you cannot edit with Clearvue.

All the other products require a conversion to happen while copying the .ppt from the desktop to the PPC. One of the best such programs, IMHO, is Conduits Pocket Slides. Once the presentation is one the PPC, in their own format, you can do pretty much anything you want on the PPC, edit, add, modify transitions. etc. You can even create a presentation on the PPC. Their conversion software supports transfer back to the PC too, so you can edit on the PPC and get that back to a full .ppt on the PC.