View Full Version : adjusting the screen sensitivity

thegeezer3
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I have recently replaced the screen for my ipaq 4150 and all went smoothly or so it seems. The display is crisp and there are no other side effects. But my touchscreen seems to be way oversensitive.

If i goto memo mode and gently glide my pen over it, the unit will draw lines erraticly like a heartbeat monitor in a hospital and they dont begin at the point of my pen but upto 0.5 cm away from it. This makes trying to use recognition a pain in the but. If i press firmly its not a problem but it still occurs as im applying the pressure.

Can i turn the sensitivity down on the unit. I have a japanese unit so i cant read exactly what the options say so i may have missed the option.

Any help much appreciated.

Incidentally i bought the screen from pdasmart. Has anyone else had a similar problem when replacing there screen

Orbsplateau
03-14-2005, 05:09 PM
this sounds like something I've seen on an ipaq 1910 before.

Do the lines usually appear the instant your remove the stylus from the screen?

try drawing a series of tiny vertical lines all over the screen in memo mode, just to see if the eratic lines have a pattern to them...
don't press hard, a light tap will do. The lines should look like you're drawing littles "1"s all over the screen.

By the way, remove the screen protector (if any) and make sure the screen is clean when testing the unit.
Just in case, make sure to remove the SD card as well.

I had this problem on my 1910 right after I had its screen replaced. The problem would not ALWAYS occur so it was has hard for me to convince HP that something was wrong (i sent the unit back to them twice in the same week since the technician wasn't able to reproduce the problem).

finally, i created a memo file and performed the test i described above and I emailed them the resulting image,
after a lot of headache, they finally replaced the unit and sent a refurb.