View Full Version : Screen Shots from iPAQ - How to?

Sooner Magic
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
If I recall correctly, there is a program that comes pre-installed on the HP iPAQ line which can be used to create a screenshot. Where is it and how do you use it?

If I am mistaken and there is not a pre-installed program, where can I find a free program/utility to do this?

Thank you.

GSmith
03-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=74473fd6-1dcc-47aa-ab28-6a2b006edfe9&displaylang=en

Includes "ActiveSync Remote Display" with which you display the Pocket PC screen on the PC (over ActiveSync). Then you use Alt-PrinScreen to capture the window. Optional: paste into "Paint", drag to remove Windows Border, then Image | Attributes change to 240x320 and you have a screenshot of just the Pocket PC.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - The Pocket PC RSS, podcatcher, videocatcher
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Darius Wey
03-14-2005, 03:06 AM
There are others out there. GetPDAScreen is probably one of the more popular ActiveSync screen capture programs. Otherwise, MagicSS is a great local solution for your Pocket PC. Some programs include built-in screen capture functionality, such as Pocket Informant.

mattp
03-15-2005, 01:51 AM
I don't know about a program included with your ipaq, but xnview is an excellent freeware picture viewer for the handheld that will allow you to take a time-delay screenshot. Does lots of other great stuff too.

http://www.xnview.fr/site_uk/Pocket_uk/

CEGiven
03-15-2005, 02:27 AM
If I recall correctly, there is a program that comes pre-installed on the HP iPAQ line which can be used to create a screenshot. Where is it and how do you use it?

If I am mistaken and there is not a pre-installed program, where can I find a free program/utility to do this?

Thank you.

It's part of iTask on my iPAQ 4155, and yes it came pre-installed. Press the iTask button. On the iTask menu tap the iTask icon (lower left), and select iTask Settings. On the Drop Down menu named MENU ITEM you can assign CAPTURE and DELAY CAPTURE to one of the menu slots. I have them as items 9 and 10 respectively.

Once assigned, you can select it from the iTask menu. A sequentially named BMP will be placed at the MY DEVICE level.

Sooner Magic
03-15-2005, 06:34 AM
Thanks CEGive, although when I select the drop-down for the Menu Item, I don't have CAPTURE or DELAY CAPTURE listed as options. What am I missing?

Sooner Magic
03-15-2005, 06:44 AM
I found it. Thanks for your help.