View Full Version : Help- How to upgrade SD card???

jneely
03-13-2005, 03:13 AM
I've got a 512MB SD Card in my PPC and I've installed probably 100 apps onto it. I just got a 1GB SD Card and I want to put it in to replace the old 512MB one. How do I move everything to the new card so that I don't have to re-install all of the apps?

Darius Wey
03-13-2005, 04:33 AM
You can try a program such as Spb Clone (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/clone/?en) which allows you to clone a flash card.

uzetaab
03-13-2005, 04:54 AM
or if you have a pc card reader, you can just copy the whole lot to the hard drive & then copy them back out to the new card.
That'd be the fastest way to do it as well.

Darius Wey
03-13-2005, 05:18 AM
or if you have a pc card reader, you can just copy the whole lot to the hard drive & then copy them back out to the new card.

Unfortunately, if you have hidden files that you forget to set to appear in Explorer, it's very easy to leave a few files behind by doing a simple copy-paste job. Definitely not a recommended procedure to follow, IMO.

The principle behind Spb Clone can also be achieved on the PC using a cloning program that has support for flash cards. Norton Ghost is one example.

Sven Johannsen
03-13-2005, 08:43 PM

Unfortunately, if you have hidden files that you forget to set to appear in Explorer, it's very easy to leave a few files behind by doing a simple copy-paste job. Definitely not a recommended procedure to follow, IMO..

I've never had a problem doing it that way. You are right that you do need to set file explorer to show all files, to be able to copy them. When I've done it though, it has warned me that there are hiden files that won't be copied. I just went and reset the view so I could see them and went on.

uzetaab
03-15-2005, 05:32 PM

Unfortunately, if you have hidden files that you forget to set to appear in Explorer, it's very easy to leave a few files behind by doing a simple copy-paste job. Definitely not a recommended procedure to follow, IMO.

The principle behind Spb Clone can also be achieved on the PC using a cloning program that has support for flash cards. Norton Ghost is one example.

That's a good point. I never thought of that because one of the 1st things I do when I install windows is get it to show all files by default. & also to display file extensions for all files. I don't know about most users, but I wanna know wether a picture is a .jpg or .bmp.

basically, I go to:
my computer>tools>view>advanced settings
Then change the various settings to show hidden stuff & basically give me all the info there is.

Ward
03-16-2005, 01:53 PM

Yup. Do that after you've set the PC to show hidden files.

You can try a program such as Spb Clone (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/clone/?en) which allows you to clone a flash card.

This costs money. Bad advice for a one-off job, IMHO.