View Full Version : Installing MP3s on CF

liu_kuei
03-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I did a search a couldn't find an answer to my question. I currently don't have a card reader. If I want to install mp3s on my cf in my ipaq, is doing it through activesync the only way? If so, can I install them directly to the card or do I have to put them in the device then move them to the card?

tcrossey
03-12-2005, 04:04 PM
All you need to do is cradle your PPC to start activesync. Once the PPC is synced, click on explore (in the activesync window) and double click on "My Pocket PC". This will now show all the folders and SD/CF cards on your system. Double click on the CF card and you will see all of the folders on the CF card. You can create a folder and place your MP3s on your card. Its kinda slow copying things over. Be prepared to wait a while.

Sven Johannsen
03-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Yea. ActiveSync is it, and you will find it slow. You can put them directly on your CF card. Click Explore on the Active Sync toolbar, and then double click the My Pocket PC icon at the top left. That will take you out of My Documents and into the root of the PPC. You should see your CF card there, rendered as a folder. Might be labeled CF card or something else depending on your device. You con open the folder and manage the stuff on the card that way.

If you have a lot of files, I would get a transfer going, and then drive down to the local shop and pick up a reader. There's a good chance you'll get back with it before the copy is done ;)