View Full Version : can't switch to any SIP besides the pre-existing ones on VGA device?

zilla31
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
i'm having a weird problem on my new x50v. i've installed the new version of fitaly (3.5), and wordlogic (to test w/ VGA), but i can't switch to either. whenever a text entry box comes up - i can only freely switch between the pre-existing (OS installed) SIPs. anyone seen this happen??

soft reset no helpie.

Tye
03-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Have you installed a lot of other stuff already? Things that start on soft reset? The SIP's are some of the first things I lose on my 4705 if too much happens at startup.
I have had to give up all of my Today apps just to help with this and it is still a problem sometimes.
I also occasionally have issues starting WiFi (in addition to the already well known problems with starting Bluetooth).
Good Luck. Cross our fingers that Magneto fixes some of these memory issues.

yankeejeep
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
There is a limited area set aside for resources to load in WM. Wifi and BT drivers and SIPs all load here, along with some other system drivers. One thing you can do is delete from your BT manager profiles that you don't use, since all available profiles load when your BT driver starts. To see if you are hitting the resource ceiling before all your SIPs load at startup, set BT so it doesn't automatically load at startup, which will leave more of the resource area for your SIPs.

zilla31
03-15-2005, 02:16 PM
annoying! i never had any of these problems w/ my 4155 :(