View Full Version : any way to send pocket pc video to another source?

jcsickz
03-11-2005, 12:54 AM
I have a dvd player in my car with rca inputs for audio and video. I just figured out how to stream tv to my xv6600 and want to send the video (and audio, if possible, but not necessary) to the rca inputs of my car dvd player system. Is there an SDIO card or something that will let me do this?

Sven Johannsen
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately I don't think there is an SD solution. Margi Systems does make a VGA out SD card, but then you would also need a VGA to S-Video or composite converter.

Colorgraphics makes a Voyager card that outputs Composite and S-Video but only in a CF format.

Menneisyys
03-12-2005, 08:54 AM
I have a dvd player in my car with rca inputs for audio and video. I just figured out how to stream tv to my xv6600 and want to send the video (and audio, if possible, but not necessary) to the rca inputs of my car dvd player system. Is there an SDIO card or something that will let me do this?

There is only one SD-based VGA output card from Margi, but

1, its compatibility is severely limited to just SOME current models (see the compat. chart at http://www.margi.com/support/sup_ptg_comp.htm ).

2, even if it's supported by your device, you could only output QVGA-sized (or, even worse) video on it to a monitor because of the lack of the SDIO speed. The only viable, VGA video output solution now is the Dell Axim x50v. It'll still require a composite analogue converter, however, to drive your equipment (see the next item).

3, as Sven has already pointed out, you would also need an external VGA -> composite analogue converter. There are quite a few of them (for example, the LifeView one), but they re 1, expensive 2, have pretty lousy picture quality.