View Full Version : Synchronizing Outlook folders

mbmagic24
03-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Hey guys. I am new to this forum, and I was hoping you guys could help me out. I run my AOL e-mail through Outlook as an imap, which sets it up as a different drop down section than the regular inbox on Outlook. When I synchronize using Active Sync, it shows no messages in the Inbox on my Pocket PC, even though my AOL imap box has messages. I assume this is because it is synchronizing the Outlook Personal Inbox (which is empty), and not the AOL imap.

What I don't know how to do is either get the AOL imap messages into the Personal Inbox on my PC so they will sync, OR how to get the Pocket PC to sync with the AOL imap folder already in place. If someone could please help me out with this I will be grateful. Thanks.

-Marc

CorysWorld
03-11-2005, 12:51 AM
I have tryed to get an IMAP account to sync with my PPC and I could not figure it out; and I do not know if there is a way. The inbox app on the PPC will only sync with the local .PST .

You would have to download your messages as POP3 to have them sync.

If anyone knows how to get and Imap account to be the default sync please post.

yankeejeep
03-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Through ActiveSync itself, you can only sync the main Outlook inbox and its subfolders. So, you could move your IMAP account to make it a subfolder in the main Inbox. However, to directly use it on your device when you are not connected, you will also need to set up a Messaging inbox to access the account directly. Items you send and receive on your device through this inbox will not sync with your desktop with ActiveSync alone. You will need to add a program like Intellisync to make your sync options more flexible.