View Full Version : Wierd iPAQ H3900 slow down problem

brad.arnett
03-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Hello all, this is my first post, so forgive my inevitable ignorance. I recently came into possession of an Compaq (HP?) iPAQ H39xx (I think its the H3955, but I am not too positive) running PPC 2002. My problem is that while running certain apps, a couple being from a namco game pack, and also nevo, there is a major slow down issue, to the point in which the programs are hardly usable. I read of another user elsewhere having the same problem, but it gave me no leads on how to fix it. The strange thing about this problem is that I have an expansion sleeve for it which has an extra battery and a CF slot on it, and when I connect the sleeve, the problem goes away. I thought at first it was somehow related to the battery, but I've tried other batteries, and the problem persists. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

brad.arnett
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Actually, I misspoke, it seems that the expansion makes no difference. However, I noticed that the slowing down seems to directly correlate with input, that is, whenever I press a button, I notice it start to act up.