View Full Version : can i move my ebooks to My Documents on my SC?

zilla31
03-08-2005, 09:15 PM
i primarily use mobipocket to read my ebooks and when you use their utility to "intall" the books, it puts them in an "eBooks" folder at the root of my SD card. i've tried to manually move them to my My Documents folder (also on my SD card), because that's where i like to keep everything, but doesn't seem to allow it. when i try and copy the .prc, it doesn't appear in the destination (i'm copying other files fine though - FYI).

does this have something to do with eBook security or DRM or whatever (not real familiar with all that)?

keelinlee
03-08-2005, 10:38 PM
There is an article about storing eBooks on memory cards on their website (support area). You should have a look at it.

As far as I know, the same folders are browsed on all platforms to build the library. I can use the same card on a Palm, a PPC and a Nokia Smartphone.

bspline
03-09-2005, 02:12 PM
As far as I know, the same folders are browsed on all platforms to build the library. I can use the same card on a Palm, a PPC and a Nokia Smartphone.

Which Nokia Smartphone? I've been looking around like crazy for eReader for my Nokia 6600 and can't find it anywhere...

dMores
03-10-2005, 10:48 AM
can't help with eReader, but mobipocket has a reader for phones.

go to www.mobipocket.com, on the left side where it says "got a symbian smartphone" select your phone model, and voilá.

bspline
03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Yes I'm trying out Mobipocket...
Problem is I already have lots of eReader books...
Motricity has been announcing eReader for Symbian as released since Feb. 15, but I can't find it anywhere.

dMores
03-10-2005, 01:41 PM
hmm ... a.f.a.i.k., mobipocket supports ereader documents.

not sure if it works 100% with protected documents :(

bspline
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately not...
Mobireader can cope with PalmDOC documents (which e-reader also reads), but not proprietary ereader docs.

hpf
03-11-2005, 10:02 AM

Which Nokia Smartphone? I've been looking around like crazy for eReader for my Nokia 6600 and can't find it anywhere...

This answer was for Mobipocket Reader. Everybody knows eReader does not support Symbian, although they pretend to.

0ly
03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
has found for itself the helpful information, thanks