View Full Version : What phone specific apps do you use?

Sh0t
03-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I just got my phone and am curious what apps specific to phone PPC's you guys are using.

Also curious about a couple specific apps. Is there an app that will let me assign ring tones per user? What about voice recognition? What about speed dialing? To do speed dialing on my phone (H6315) I have to press spead dial then I have to press the saved number. I woudl rather have true speed dial functionality of pressying 1 then dial.

Thanks in advance.

urologyhealth
03-08-2005, 01:32 AM
http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=8675&associateid=207

for ring tones

MICROSOFT VOICE COMMAND is the closest to speed dial needs--otherwise you have to go to speed dial and hit the contact assigned to different numbers

Chris Spera
03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I use Hudson Mobile Phone Dashboard to track minutes. I use MS Voice Command for voice dialing. I use Spb's GPRS Monitor to track GPRS usage.

There are a couple other apps that take advantage of an active GPRS connection, like Weather Panel; but that can be used on a non-phone edition device, too.

Sh0t
03-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Something else I just though of.

Is there an alternative dialing application? Something that would dial more than just the phone number? Something that could dial a phone number pause then dial an extension or any other optional numbers?

MitchellO
03-09-2005, 10:08 AM
The only real phone app that I use would be SPB GPRS Monitor to track my GPRS usage. Other than that, voice dialing is the only thing I find lacking from the builtin software. Microsoft really should have bundled it in ROM with the WM2003SE Phone Edition. I'd pay a little more to have it in there.

Darius Wey
03-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Some PPCPE users like .mobile Contacts (http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=130264&sectionId=0&catalog=30&topSectionId=-1) - you may want to check it out.

Sh0t
03-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Some PPCPE users like .mobile Contacts (http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=130264&sectionId=0&catalog=30&topSectionId=-1) - you may want to check it out.

Nice, Darius! That actually looks really handly for me. Gonna check it out.

MitchellO
03-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Looks good, but a bit pricey....

armwood
03-11-2005, 08:06 AM
I use Vito Voice Dialer. I have Microsoft Voice command but it takes up to much memory on my h6315. Vito Voice dialer works very well and is not a resource hog.

bnycastro
03-22-2005, 04:39 AM
I use the ff phone specific apps (i-mate JAM):
mamaich's Telephone Extender (freeware) this adds a 'Contacts' button to the built in phone app to help you browse contacts via category and choose which number to dial (i.e. if the contact has 3 numbers saved). the great thing is you can browse contacts via the dpad thru the built-in phone app no need to open contacts.
GB-SOFT Tweak (freeware) what it does is it counts the minutes (not kb) that you're connected via GPRS, and adds a disconnect button too, it also has an audio tweak for WM2003SE-PE.