View Full Version : ActiveSync Connects and then Disconnects

humayunl
03-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I have a new problem with ActiveSync.

When i connect my cradle to the laptop (via usb) activesync connects to the device, i hear the nice connected sound from my speakers and the green activesync wheel starts turning while it displays a "looking for changes" message...

My device shows that its connected via activesync and the tray icon is visible.

After a few seconds, i hear the disconnect sound, Activesync disconnects and the tray icon on my ppc disappears. However the wheel in Activesync remains turning for a while and then it also stops, becomes grey and it says "not connected".

This happens whether i connect via usb or bluetooth. in both cases it connects adn then disconnects. i have removed the partnership, uninstalled activesync on my PC and reinstalled it and recreated the partnership but still nothing doing.

I hate ActiveSync...
help :(

Menneisyys
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I have a new problem with ActiveSync.

When i connect my cradle to the laptop (via usb) activesync connects to the device, i hear the nice connected sound from my speakers and the green activesync wheel starts turning while it displays a "looking for changes" message...

My device shows that its connected via activesync and the tray icon is visible.

After a few seconds, i hear the disconnect sound, Activesync disconnects and the tray icon on my ppc disappears. However the wheel in Activesync remains turning for a while and then it also stops, becomes grey and it says "not connected".

This happens whether i connect via usb or bluetooth. in both cases it connects adn then disconnects. i have removed the partnership, uninstalled activesync on my PC and reinstalled it and recreated the partnership but still nothing doing.

I hate ActiveSync...
help :(

Did you try resetting (rebooting) your desktop computer? Also, what do you synchronize? Try defining a partnership without any kind of synchronization.

asuspocketpcw
03-07-2005, 07:33 PM
This might be a long shot, but I had something similar happen to me and turns out that it was my firewall program disconnecting it after the sync connection was made.

humayunl
03-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I've tried rebooting the ppc and the desktop many times... didnt work.

I havent tried with a partnership with nothing to synchronize. i'll try that too now i guess.

as for the firewall, at problem is occuring at my home pc where there is no firewall... but at work there is a forewall but there activesync works without any problems.

hey, this might be useful, speaking of synchronizing with the work desktop, i just remembered that i just started connecting with the desktop at work today (though i have checked off (disabled) al litems so nothing gets synchronized).... can the new second partnership be causing this?

PPCRules
03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Have you tried soft-resetting the PPC? Mine does what you seem to be describing when the available memory on the device gets low. Memory management stops active sync on the PPC side to free up memory. You say "new" problem. Have you recently installed new programs (or significant data) in RAM?

humayunl
03-08-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm sure memory is not a problem because I have 45 of the 64MB free... all my apps are installed on the SD card so most of the device mem is free. I have tried soft reseting the device (and the desktop).

Why would it connect and then just disconnect...