View Full Version : Landscape/Portrait switching software ?

jsnielsen
03-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey all,

I need an app that stays in the taskbar, that I can click on, and instantly switch between landscape/portrait mode. I don't need OzVGA or SE_VGA, they seem way too bloated in comparison to my needs.

Just click. Switch. That's it.

Anyone know of anything I can use ?

Menneisyys
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Hey all,

I need an app that stays in the taskbar, that I can click on, and instantly switch between landscape/portrait mode. I don't need OzVGA or SE_VGA, they seem way too bloated in comparison to my needs.

Just click. Switch. That's it.

Anyone know of anything I can use ?

Why don't you just assign a HW button to orientation switching? Settings/Buttons/ chooce a button in the above (1.) list and then, from the drop-down list at 2., choose <Rotate Screen>

jsnielsen
03-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Why don't you just assign a HW button to orientation switching? Settings/Buttons/ chooce a button in the above (1.) list and then, from the drop-down list at 2., choose <Rotate Screen>

As always, excellent answers from you :) Thanks ! It's so simple, I hadn't even thought of that :D

MitchellO
03-07-2005, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't mind an app that put an icon on the taskbar (at the top) as well. My XDA Mini only has 4 reprogrammable buttons (no press and hold either), and I can't spare one. I have one on the today screen, but would love one even easier to access. thanks.

Darius Wey
03-07-2005, 04:40 AM
I wouldn't mind an app that put an icon on the taskbar (at the top) as well. My XDA Mini only has 4 reprogrammable buttons (no press and hold either), and I can't spare one. I have one on the today screen, but would love one even easier to access. thanks.

You may want to have a look at a program such as VITO ButtonMapper (http://www.vitotechnology.com/en/products/buttonmapper.html) or MortButtons. (http://www.sto-helit.de/freeware/pocketpc/mb_screenshots-en.pl) Both extend the functionality of button assignments.

Sven Johannsen
03-07-2005, 07:04 AM
SPB Pocket Plus has the ability to extend the dropdown menu from the X with rotate screen options. It's always available, and doesn't take any more real estate.

There are also some rotate screen apps that you could stick a shortcut to in the start menu.