View Full Version : MobileTechReview's Roundup of Upcoming Pocket PC Phones

Janak Parekh
03-04-2005, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=news&Number=19411' target='_blank'>http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubb...ws&Number=19411</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Thinking about buying a Pocket PC Phone?...Are you waiting for something better, newer, cooler? Won't have the bucks until this summer? Then read on: we'll cover each of the upcoming Pocket PC Phones running Windows Mobile 2003 SE here (so far none have Windows Mobile 2005, aka Magneto). Some of them should be available in the US later this year, while others may be available only through importers such as Dyamism, Expansys and iCube."</i><br /><br />This is perhaps the best summary I've seen of the upcoming Pocket PC Phones. The worst part? Trying to decide which one I want. Oh, heck, I want all of them. :lol: Which one are <i>you</i> looking forward to?

gibson042
03-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Which one are you looking forward to?
At least with respect to me, that should be obvious. The only one with VGA goodness! 0X

In non-obviousness, though, I am truly excited to see six new Pocket PC phones coming out this year. The designs are different enough that I think everyone will be able to find the shape and size they're after. And there doesn't seem to be one MPx-level disappointment in the bunch. This is the season I've been waiting for!

SteveHoward999
03-04-2005, 05:38 PM
At least with respect to me, that should be obvious. The only one with VGA goodness! 0X

Absolutely I agree - although the other clamshell device looks lovely too .... if it had a better spec I'd be interested.

Anyone taking bets on how long it's going to take to see similar devices that run full Windows instead of PPC? The OQO could still be miniaturised if it used bluetooth for everything instead of cables ;-)

Jeff00000168
03-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Overall design and specs, I'd go for the iPAQ 6500! I'm not into the clamshell design and more on the solid candy bar form factor. :)

ale_ers
03-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Overall design and specs, I'd go for the iPAQ 6500! I'm not into the clamshell design and more on the solid candy bar form factor. :)

I agree. I am a 6315 owner right now, and while I think that device works well (contrary to many others), I would love to see the second generation of it.

If they get all the bugs worked out of the 6315, the 6500 would be exceptional.

Macguy59
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Tought call between the i730 and PPC-6600, I was within an eyelash of getting the 6600 until I saw the first mention of the i730. Just need to get my hands on one to try it out.