View Full Version : Stuck at soft reset (Battery Pack + Spb)!

beq
03-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Help, I just installed Omega One's latest Battery Pack Pro 1.1 on my new i-mate PDA2k, which already has Spb Pocket Plus and Spb GPRS monitor installed and active. Then I made the mistake of soft-resetting my PDA without first disabling any potentially conflicting modules on either BP Pro or Spb Pocket+/GPRS!

(The reason was that the Calligrapher 7.4 touch screen driver stopped responding again as it's been prone to do, while I was installing BP Pro, so I did the soft-reset immediately without thinking :()

Now the PDA2k cannot start at all, it gets hung up at the soft-reset. No button or function works (not even the phone function). My best guess is that there's some conflict between BP and the Spb apps.

I just got the PDA2k recently and have spent a lot of time setting things up the past couple of weeks, but I have not had a chance to back up anything. I really don't want to have to do a hard reset and re-do everything from scratch!

Is there another way to disable these apps (perhaps some "safe mode" bootup or some way to block startup apps from loading at bootup)??

Dave Conger
03-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Where is it getting hung up? What is on the screen?

Any chance that you are able to connect it to ActiveSync? Probably not, but if you could you could save data that way.

Depending on what you are syncing, you may not loose much. You will have to do software reinstalls, but it is possible that much of your data is on your PC if you have been syncing.

beq
03-02-2005, 03:02 AM
The task bar on the top is shown but that's about it. The rest of the screen is still showing the i-mate startup logo (blue screen with i-mate in white letters in the center). Clicking on anything on the screen (such as the taskbar icons or the Start menu) doesn't do anything. The backlight comes on but that's it.

I'm actually not worried about my data as that's backed up on the PC as you say. It's all the configuration settings for the 50+ apps I've been patiently installing and setting up one by one over the past week :mecry:

I meant to get Sprite Backup Premium but never got around to it :(

Edit: It was suggested that it might be Calligrapher 7.4 that's incompatible with Battery Pack:
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116621

uzetaab
03-05-2005, 06:50 AM
I don't have any ideas, apart from hitting the reset butten a few times in rapid succession, before it boots. that might clear the memory.

but it looks like you need to h/w reset.

beq
03-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys, I'd ended up doing the hard reset after all (actually I had to do it twice already this past week, now I'm proceeding a lot more catiously with software installs)...