View Full Version : Video and the h6315

CrashX
03-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Has anyone had success watching movie files on the h6315? I've recently used Dr. DIVX to encode a couple of my Tivo recordings. They play perfectly on my laptop, but the video (not audio) has a tendancy to freeze during playback on my iPAQ using BetaPlayer.

I releaize the h6315 isn't a power house, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. It would be nice to keep a few shows on my SD card.

Webidiot
03-02-2005, 02:01 AM
I have a HP 6315. I use Pocket-DVD Studio and play the files with Betaplayer.

My settings in Studio are:

Xvid MPEG4, Audio 24kbps, 22 KHz, Mono
Video 145 kbps, 15fps, 32-x176

I usually set the movie size (quality) at about 200MB or less a movie, however, movies with a lot of motion (like some parts in Gladiator) get pixelated during those scenes. So, I believe high motion movies should probably be set at 300+.

I used to use DVD to Pocket PC, and watched on PPC with Windows Media Player, but I found that I can get better quality with Pocket-DVD Studio and Betaplayer.

One last thing, I start the rip before I go to bed, so it's finished in the morning.

Ultima
03-04-2005, 03:41 PM
I did a bit of playing around on this with my iPaq 6315. My results are about the same, although I think I used a slighlty higher video datarate, 200 or 250 if I remember properly. I decimated the framerate by half using VirtualDub, and once I come out with a QVGA resolution file, it seems to play allright.

My Archos AV400 can do QVGA at full frame rate. Some of the newer PocketPCs running that spiffy 624Mhz processor can run full-res DivX without having to deal with this stupid resizing issue.

I wish my iPaq could do that. Oh well.