View Full Version : TechTV In Australia News Update

uzetaab
02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Some of you may remember that I made a petition to get TechTV back in Australia.

I emailed the petition in early January, & have not heard from them at all.

Now on to the good news. The How To channel on Foxtel has bought Call For Help with Leo Laporte. It will be airing on March 7 at 10.30pm and continues weeknights at 10.30pm. Here is the link:
http://www.howtochannel.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1845516&storyid=1845527

There is also a rumour that the How To channel bought The Screen Savers, which is to air in April, but I have not been able to substantiate that yet.

Here's hoping that they also buy X Play & air it in May. Then we won't need the TechTV channel at all.

I have no idea wether the petition had any influence in this news.

Now I want to ask you to do a small thing if you have the time. Send an email to How To and thank them for what they have done. Also ask them to consider any other programs from TechTV that you liked. Can I suggest The Screen Savers (as it is only a rumour) & X Play. I couldn't get their feedback applet to work properly for me, but you might have better luck. Here's the link:
http://involve.dload.com.au/Web/Clients/FoxSports/HowToChannel/HowToChannelSignUp.aspx

uzetaab
02-28-2005, 03:56 AM
I just got an email from the How To channel. They confirmed that The Screen Savers are coming in April.

MegaManXcalibur
03-01-2005, 07:17 AM
I'd say that this is cool but if you haven't seen the new case on The Screen Savers be prepared for a very bad experience. Now if they'd buy the show and recast it I'd sign even though I'm not from Autstralia just to see those new people get fired.

uzetaab
03-02-2005, 01:16 AM
yeah, I've heard that lots. But the big question for me, it wether it's gotten so bad it's not worth watching. Even if The Screen Savers is a waste of time, Call for Help should still be good.

MegaManXcalibur
03-05-2005, 05:24 AM
I can confirm that The Screen Savers is so bad and pointless thats its not worth watching anymore. Any show that gives advice telling its viewers that static electricity is no longer a threat to electronic components isn't worth watching.

But I don't think Call for Help ever became tainted and frankly if Leo is still hosting it I'd love to watch it again (Leo is a great guy and entertaining as can be).