View Full Version : I've lost my wireless connection - please help

jayz2005
02-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry to post twice but I am desperate.

I'm not sure what happed but my ipaq no longer detects my wireless network. I have pocket pc 2003 running & ipaq h5550.
I tried to re-configure the wireless on the pda but I can't even find the "wireless tab" according to the ipaq manual or this site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/pocketpc/toc/internet.aspx?guid=6DF44ED2-5804-45C1-BDC5-FFFE41F601E7&region=apac&language=en&os=2003&keyname=&devicename=HP%20iPAQ%20h5555&deviceid=51&mobop=&deviceregion=apac&cdma=&gsm=

Network Card > Wireless tab Tap Connections > Network Card > Wireless tab.

When I go into Asset viewer and click on 'Wireless LAN' there is no MAC address assigned (not even 00-00-00-00) and no firmware version displayed it just shows:
Firmware Version:

I got a feeling this is where the problem is. I tried updating the firmware but this does not work.

Please any ideas how to resolve this issue.

Menneisyys
02-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry to post twice but I am desperate.

I'm not sure what happed but my ipaq no longer detects my wireless network. I have pocket pc 2003 running & ipaq h5550.
I tried to re-configure the wireless on the pda but I can't even find the "wireless tab" according to the ipaq manual or this site

Just enable Wi-Fi and then, it'll be there.

jayz2005
02-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Menneisyys I have tried that and it still does not appear.
I've done a soft reset and still no go.
I tried updating the drivers and firmware but it doesn't seem to be updating because it can not find the original firmware installed.

any other ideas much appreciated

Menneisyys
02-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Menneisyys I have tried that and it still does not appear.

So, you have started Wi-Fi and still no "Wireless" tab in "Network card"? Are you sure the Wi-Fi is on? Does WZC (Wireless Zero Configuration) find the available wireless networks?

You said you've upgraded your firmware, which also means a hard reset: so, the case is the same after a hard reset?

jayz2005
03-01-2005, 12:11 AM
That is correct:
I started the wi-fi and still no wireless tab in "Network card"

I upgraded the firmware from the hp site:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_5643.html

and did a reset by pushing the little button on the bottom of the Ipaq (is that a "hard reset"?) and still same issue.

Maybe I need to disconnect power to it totally by removing the battery and re-inserting it?.

jayz2005
03-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Well wouldn't you know it. After removing the battery and re-inserting it, the IPAQ picked up the network straight away and the wireless tab now appears.
In asset viewer under Wireless LAN, it now shows a MAC address and firmware version.

Menneisyys I thankyou for your persistance, if it wasn't for you I, woudn't of thought of these other solutions.

Keep up the great work.

Jay