View Full Version : Stupidness regarding ringtones and file associations

Ultima
02-26-2005, 04:54 AM
Today, I learned something new. My 6315 recently stopped playing my ringtone of choice, which I cropped from a song and saved it into WMA format and tucked it in the appropriate spot (Windows\Ringers, I think.) Coincidentally, it stopped playing all the other ringtones on the device except for the "Windows Default" ring tone.

The cause? I installed BetaPlayer recently and I set the WMA files to associate with BetaPlayer. I don't know why this would cause the iPaq to behave so oddly, but it did. Turning off the option to associate BetaPlayer with WMA files restored my ability to use my custom ringtone.

It was just odd, is this an iPaq issue or a Windows Mobile issue? Yet another wierd quirk brought to you by Microsoft, maybe. :)

(I'm posting this because when I realized that something was wrong, I searched for answers on google and such and came up with nothing, not even a hit. It was sheer dumb luck I associated the installation of betaplayer with the loss of the ringing, and worked my way from there)

MitchellO
02-26-2005, 11:29 AM
That's really weird! I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the Album program, but that is on my XDA II Mini, and probably not on the 6315. It lets you set stuff as ringtones. Good luck finding the answer.

picard
02-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I would say this is a BetaPlayer bug. I already got reports of this and I will try to solve it.