View Full Version : Widcomm Bluetooth Stack/Software for the Desktop PC

humayunl
02-25-2005, 12:03 PM
I have the Widcomm BT stack on my Imate but the services that comes with the MS BT stack on my desktop (after installing XP SP2) are very limited.
Is there a Widcomm BT stack for windows XP? Where can I get it?

I would like to have the FTP, PAN, LAN etc. services available on my desktop PC as well. So far all I can do is synchronize, send/receive files. I also want to be able to pair with the desktop/laptop so that i can use the PC online connection on the PPC and also map drives on the PPC. etc.

Menneisyys
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I have the Widcomm BT stack on my Imate but the services that comes with the MS BT stack on my desktop (after installing XP SP2) are very limited.
Is there a Widcomm BT stack for windows XP? Where can I get it?

I would like to have the FTP, PAN, LAN etc. services available on my desktop PC as well. So far all I can do is synchronize, send/receive files. I also want to be able to pair with the desktop/laptop so that i can use the PC online connection on the PPC and also map drives on the PPC. etc.

Unfortunately, there're no generic BT stacks for desktop computers either (just like Pocket PC's). However, your BT USB dongle may have come with a Widcomm(-based) BT stack, it's just that you haven't installed it (because SP2 already has the MS BT stack).

So, just install the device-specific BT stack (if it's Widcomm) and you're set. You may also want to check SP2-specific BT configuration issues; use Google for that ( http://www.google.fi/search?hl=fi&q=sp2+bluetooth+stack+install ).

humayunl
03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I installed the device specific BT software (its called bluesoleil).
It seems to work well and has lots of (all that i can think of) services.

I got activesync to work at my work PC via BT. At first even after setting the com ports to the same value (7 in this case) it wasnt working but after trying 10 times suddenly they started talking.

however at home (which is where i REALLY need active sync to work) there's a different story. when i go into device manager i see MANY bluetooth serial com ports but they somehow start from like 11 and go all the way to like 19... i dont know why the number is so high...

anyway in bluetooth when i go to the connection settings dialog to set the com port for setial connection, i only see com port 1 and 9.... the one i need is com port 7 but its nowhere to be found..

any clues as to what i'm doing wrong?
thanks in advance :)