View Full Version : Missing Microsoft Reader

Fudai
02-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Just got a new hx2415 and noticed that Microsoft Reader is missing. I tried to download/install from microsoft.com/reader but it didn't install correctly. Has anyone had similar problems and got advice on a resolution for this? Thanks!

- Fudai

Darius Wey
02-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Are you trying to install it to main memory or your storage card?

Menneisyys
02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Just got a new hx2415 and noticed that Microsoft Reader is missing. I tried to download/install from microsoft.com/reader but it didn't install correctly. Has anyone had similar problems and got advice on a resolution for this? Thanks!

- Fudai

From the title of the thread, I think you have the most common problem with MS Reader: if you install it on a storage card, the link put in Start Menu/Programs will be broken.

If you REALLY want to install Reader on a storage card, you'll want to read http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36211 on how to do this so that the arrow fonts are also OK (those are the other problem with installing to storage media, if you don't activate the reader). Otherwise, if you don't want to do any manual tweaking, just install it in main memory.

Lex
02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
If it's missing, count it a blessing ! :) Microsoft's 'release and forget' application. (I know, it's still in ROM.)

rlaustin
03-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Try installing to Main Memory (Do not use iPAQ File Store or Memory Card)