View Full Version : Newbie Help please

Culagh
02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi

Just got a Typhoon MyGuide XL (apparently it's a Asus MYPal A620)And I would like some queries answered :)

1. having uninstalled a couple of programs, they left some icons behind in Program files, how do I get rid of them?
2. I have approx. 88mb left on a CF program file, can I still use this?
3. How do I copy over MP3s from my PC to my PPC as when I tried to (using Activesync) they seemed to want to be converted and thus ran out of memory.

Thank you in anticipation.

Menneisyys
02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi
1. having uninstalled a couple of programs, they left some icons behind in Program files, how do I get rid of them?

Start File Explorer on your device and go to /Windows/Start Menu/Programs. Tap and hold on the icon in question and choose "Delete" in the context menu.

2. I have approx. 88mb left on a CF program file, can I still use this?

Sure, That's, actually, pretty much space, even more than the RAM of your device.

3. How do I copy over MP3s from my PC to my PPC as when I tried to (using Activesync) they seemed to want to be converted and thus ran out of memory.

You may want to get a separate card reader/writer. The Asus620, according to, for example, my benchmarks, transfer files via AS with only 80 kbytes/s. A separate card reader/writer is able to transfer files at least an order of magnitude faster, depending on whether you have USB2 or not and if it's USB2 itself.

Culagh
02-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi

Many thanks for your reply, it helped me enormously. Just have to go and buy a card reader now :)

apanther28
02-27-2005, 05:55 PM
you'll find the card reader handy for transferring large files like mp3s, pictures, and eventually dvds (converted)