View Full Version : Do I Need PhatNotes Lite?

Lex
02-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Why do I need PhatNotes Lite (came w/ Pocket Informant)? I find the app complicated, notes created in PhatNotes don't appear as individual files locate-able with my File Explorer and I couldn't find any way to rename a note once it's created.

baker
02-23-2005, 03:51 AM
I use it mainly for it's organization...category and note colors. It's formatting in a note. I find it somewhat confusing. To rename, make "subject" visible (tools, options, columns) and hold & highlight the note and pick edit note. I think it is actually a database so it doesn't have folders.

Lex
02-23-2005, 01:39 PM
To the question of renaming notes tech support replied "I don't think you can." Don't think you can?

Jacob
02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
To the question of renaming notes tech support replied "I don't think you can." Don't think you can?

That's unfortunate. You CAN rename a note.

In Phatnotes if you do the following:

1. Edit the note.
2. In the view menu look at "Subject & Category" is checked.
- This should enable two boxes at the top labelled, well, subject and category.

Change the subject to whatever you want the note's name changed to.

In Pocket Informant you can rename a phatnote just by tapping and holding and choosing "Rename" from the menu.

The notes are stored in a database so they won't be visible within any file explorer.

If you don't like Phatnotes you definitely don't need to install it. It's not necessary to use notes within PocketInformant, nor will it break it.

Lex
02-23-2005, 09:44 PM
They were responding specifically about PhatNotes Lite, which apparently does not allow file renaming. I did find I could rename within PI. Thanks.

baker
02-23-2005, 10:35 PM
I use the Lite outside of PI and you can rename if you enable visible for the subject.