View Full Version : Is there any rumours about any PocketPC with 2.0 MP Camera?

crussader
02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Is anyone making one? :?:

Thanks! :D

Menneisyys
02-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Is anyone making one? :?:

Thanks! :D

Not that I know of. BTW, built-in cameras (except for the Sony Clié NZ-90) are all very bad and you won't be able to make really decent images with any of them. Why don't you get a separate digicam - a Canon Digital Ixus or the HP R707 maybe?

crussader
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
yeah I know the pics are horrible... but I'm sure PocketPCs will evolve to 2.0 MP Cameras... all in one 8)

Menneisyys
02-19-2005, 07:29 PM
yeah I know the pics are horrible... but I'm sure PocketPCs will evolve to 2.0 MP Cameras... all in one 8)

Hopefully :) Nevertheless, the size of the lens and the size of the capacitors used in flashs can't be reduced under a certain size. This is why the only PDA with a really decent, real flash (not just a simple LED, unlike in other models) -enabled 2MP camera, the NZ-90, was so damn big.

Look at digicams, for example. Most ultra-compact cameras (meaning small lens system) have horrible purple fringing (e.g., the Canon Digital Ixus series), if not other problems. Not even real digicam manufacturers were able to come up with a REAL ultra-mini size lens system that would behave as good as a traditional lens system...

So, I dont think there were really good built-in cameras in PDA's in the next few years.

KTamas
02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Umm, there are 2MP camera pocketpcs, well, sort of. I've heard that If you buy an HTC Himalaya (MDA2, XDA2, Qtek 2060, etc.), you can order an 2.0MP camera and then replace it by yourself. go to http://www.xda-developers.com/ and try to search in the forums.