View Full Version : 63xx Rom Updates Available - Sorry T-Mobile Customers!

Jon Westfall
02-18-2005, 11:31 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_6093.html' target='_blank'>http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/f...e/105_6093.html</a><br /><br /></div>As is being reported around the net (And in my "Has HP Abandoned" thread from a few days back), HP released ROM updates for the 6340 and 6365 a few days back. These updates fix a number of issues including new GSM firmware, updated WiFi and Bluetooth stacks, and more. Also listed in the enhancement section is the ever popular "Increases [Bluetooth] headset compatibility" and "Improves [GSM] Reception"!<br /><br />We T-Mobile users need not worry about this ROM update because even though we desperately need it, it won't install on our IPaqs! I speculate this is because of the amount of specialty T-Mobile software needed on the device to support features such as "My Email Triggers" (Which is one of the nicest features they offer IMHO..) and who could live without the T-Mobile logo and jingle ring tone... :roll: <br /><br />Come on T-Mobile - finish your testing and get this ROM update ready for us 6315 users!

dsb
02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
I had given up on my 6340 and resigned myself to selling it so I had packed it away, logs onto the PPT website this morning (as I always do) and ther is the new I have been waiting fo a rom update from HP, this will surley cause me to reconsider selling the ipaq. Loaded the rom patch onto my 6340, no problems, nothing looks to have changed but I go through some testing. Finds blutooth headset, no problem, phone rings and it seems much louder - great. Speaking on the phone is clear and crisp.
I then go out to lunch, the phone rings, my headset activates straight away (this is going well), but then comes the reply from the caller "where are you calling from, I can hardley hear you, you sound like your in a tunnel" sigh!
Back in the box it goes, the sim card goes back into my Nokia 6210 that works all the time every time.
I will not attempt the combined PDA/Phone combanation for a very long time, I have come to the conclution that I need a phone to make calls and I need a PDA to act as my personal computer and they both do there individual roles well.

Vincent M Ferrari
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Come on T-Mobile - finish your testing and get this ROM update ready for us 6315 users!

Trust me. As someone who knows, they're in no hurry to get that update out there...

MikeUnwired
02-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Ok, a stupid question from someone that SHOULD know. How do I get an unlocked h63xx unit so I cna slip my Cingular SIM card in and be all-in-one enabled again?

Peter Traugot
02-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Well, at least you guys have something in the pipeline. I have a 4700 and, oh, did I mention, we have NO idea when (AND IF!) HP will update these devices...

Sigh. :roll:

Jon Westfall
02-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, we're hoping we have something in the pipeline!

Anyway, for what its worth, today has been a very good 6315 day - it hasn't given me any problem at all today.... Its a "love" day.

q-live
02-18-2005, 09:02 PM
THIS IS WHY I AM LEAVING TMOBILE ASAP..... I AM SICK OF THEIR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR THEIR FFFFFF CUSTOMERS..... HELL THEY MAY AS WELL BE SPRINT...... hopefully if the samsung i730 dont get fff up (meaning no wi fi) i will go str8 to verizon because truthfully i cant handle tmobile anymore and their garbage products or tech support :evil: :twisted:

Vincent M Ferrari
02-18-2005, 09:15 PM
The grass isn't always greener, my friend. 0X

alex_kac
02-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, at least you guys have something in the pipeline. I have a 4700 and, oh, did I mention, we have NO idea when (AND IF!) HP will update these devices...

HP traditionally is very good at updates. They don't do them once a month, but more like once every 3-6 months.

jimski
02-19-2005, 01:24 AM

HP traditionally is very good at updates. They don't do them once a month, but more like once every 3-6 months.

So that means we get an update next month. :D Thank's for making my day.

jimski
02-19-2005, 01:26 AM
I will not attempt the combined PDA/Phone combanation for a very long time, I have come to the conclution that I need a phone to make calls and I need a PDA to act as my personal computer and they both do there individual roles well.[quote]

I could not have said it better myself. Welcome back from the darkside.

ocorpuz
02-19-2005, 03:24 AM
I sent tmobile suppot an email question asking two specfic things 1) why they sold a Plantronics M2500 BT headset as a H6315 accessory when Plantronics says none of their BT headsets are compatible withe the H6315 (with .1400 BT stack) and 2) When are they going to release a ROM update to update the H6315 (as an update is available from HP for the H6340 and H6365 already and HP says it is tmobile's repsonsibility to release it for the H6315).

In response, the first idiot from Tmobile sent me an email with general BT instructions on how to pair a BT device with the Ipaq and a link to the old XIP update.

I then reponsed to stop insulting me with these cut and paste answers and answer my questions.

Here is the reply I got.

Dear,
Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.
We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that this may have caused.

We understand that you have some concerns regarding the Bluetooth functions of your device.

T-Mobile customers and users of the iPAQ have reported success using the following Bluetooth headsets with the 6315 device:

Plantronics M2500 and M3500
Bluetrek G2
Parrot DriveBlue
Jabra BT250
Motorola HS810

Keep in mind that these are not HP manufactured devices and all devices are subject to the limitations of the manufacturer of the specific headset. At this time the M2500 has been shown to work with the 6315. At this time we have no information on when or if a ROM update to upgrade the Bluetooth Stack will be available.

If we can be of any further assistance please let us know.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile
Sincerely,
Nicholas
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Data Services

posiedon7
02-22-2005, 04:43 AM
Has anyone tried to apply either of the ROM updates to see if they wrok with the t-mobile 6315's?

I am almost tempted to do so, but fear that the very next day T-Mobile would realease the dam uodate!!!! 0X