View Full Version : Motorola Already Working On New MPx?

Janak Parekh
02-18-2005, 08:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/nm/20050216/tc_nm/tech_motorola_dc' target='_blank'>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ech_motorola_dc</a><br /><br /></div>There aren't many details on this yet, but Ed Zander, CEO of Motorola, had some interesting comments about their future phones, including the following:<br /><br />Motorola, based in the Chicago suburb of Schaumburg, Illinois, will introduce more ultra-thin phones in coming months, and Zander has been showing customers in Cannes a similarly super-slim version of the MPX model that runs on Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system.<br /><br />"You'll see this (product) in the second half of the year," Zander said.<br /><br />Analysts who had seen the prototype were surprised. "I didn't know you could make them this thin," said one London-based financial analyst at a large investment bank.<br /><br />OK, Motorola, please explain to me why you guys even designed the MPx itself in the first place, then. :| And whatever you do, <b>don't</b> give the device 32MB of RAM, pretty please?

arebelspy
02-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Brighthand reported on this a day or two ago - it's supposed to be like the RAZR (super slim - my roommate has one).

I hope they just never produce the MPx and move onto other better models. :twisted:

-arebelspy

CTSLICK
02-18-2005, 09:37 PM
..."You'll see this (product) in the second half of the year," Zander said.

We have yet to see the MPx and now they bring on a new device? Somehow I have trouble buying their timeline...but I'd love to be wrong.

Ed@Brighthand
02-18-2005, 10:32 PM
It's beginning to look like the MPx may be DOA. It was announced almost a year ago and still isn't widely available. Based on the reports we've all seen about the MPx, it seems that this device -- while sporting a very innovative design -- was so totally compromised that Motorola couldn't get any major wireless carriers to offer it. And, frankly, I feel sorry for the few that are offering this model.

Here's hoping that its successor will have a better future.

Janak Parekh
02-19-2005, 12:38 AM
It's beginning to look like the MPx may be DOA. It was announced almost a year ago and still isn't widely available. Based on the reports we've all seen about the MPx, it seems that this device -- while sporting a very innovative design -- was so totally compromised that Motorola couldn't get any major wireless carriers to offer it. And, frankly, I feel sorry for the few that are offering this model.
I'm starting to wonder if the MPx was a "concept device" that took a life of its own thanks to the formfactor, even though it was nowhere ready for mass consumption.

--janak

David C
02-19-2005, 01:33 AM
I think, if they can squeeze what the upcomming MDA IV have into the formfactor of the current MPX, and release it no later then the release of MDA IV, they would have a winner already. I'll wait and see.

Jerry Raia
02-19-2005, 06:24 AM
I say..."Show me the money" otherwise this is just more gas from Moto.

cpl
02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Is this not the website for the new MPX ???

http://www.razberrytm.com/