View Full Version : Static Blast Reset

CTSLICK
02-17-2005, 06:19 PM
So its a typical dry cold winter day here in the Twin Cities. You know...the type of day where you can develop enough static charge while walking around the office to incapacitate your friends (if you wear corduroy pants you can really hurt someone...just a warning). After shuffling about the office for a good 20 minutes without grounding myself I returned to my desk and reached for my trusty X5 to record the 3 new "oh by the way" tasks I had justed picked up. And before you even start...I know...what was I doing without my PPC that long?!? I'm sorry, please deduct three geek points from my score. Annnnnyway, I reached for my X5 and watched in fascination as a spark a good quarter inch long jumped from my finger directly to the post in the middle of the power jack plug-in on my X5. My fascination increased when the screen immediately went dark.

Now there is a part of me, that evil gadget craving part of me, that secretly desires the demise of my trusty X5 to give me an excuse to pick up a new crispy cool VGA device. So I watched with a mixture of fear and excitement to see what happened next. All questions were answered after 10 seconds when I watched my Today screen reappear with all data present and accounted for. No ill effects noted. DRAT...I mean...GREAT.

OK...enough of this diversion...back to work.

Cybrid
02-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Ok. Just don't insert your finger in a light socket.....the collateral damage could be far worse. :devilboy: