View Full Version : Installing a program to the SD Card

mvaughan
02-16-2005, 07:08 AM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I have been installing my programs through normal channels, and then it keep running into a memory problem. I bought a 1 GB SD Card, can I install my programs to that instead of the memory so that I don't run into any space or memory problems??? AND, if so... how do I do that???

Thanks in advance.... Michael
:)

nitestrike
02-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes, this can be done. You will need to set the options in ActiveSync, uncheck, to install to default location. This will prompt, asking if you want to install to the default location and of course you will say no. Then a window with a dropdown and you choose the SD Card as the destination and click OK. But the one thing you will need to watch out for is that if the application is loaded when the device is booting, it might not have the SD Card Driver loaded to be able to access the files on the card. I have an iPAQ and install applications that need access at boot to my file store in the ROM.

Update:
The Add/Remove Programs can be found under the tools menu in ActiveSync

mvaughan
02-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Right On nitestrike!

Works like a champ, thanks for the tip.
mv

Menneisyys
02-19-2005, 07:53 PM
You may also want to check out http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36674 for more tips regarding storage media.