View Full Version : How to dump SNES or GBA ROMs off of their cartridges?

Typhoon
02-16-2005, 01:09 AM
I just ordered a Dell X50v because I could not find a closer location to get the X50. Right now I just thought it would be a good idea to use the X50v for SNES emulation (because there is a SNES emulation esp. built for X50v's GPU). But of course downloading them is illegal (being in the USA). So does anyone know where I can get the equipment (& for how much) to dump the ROMs off SNES and GBA cartridges?

And anyone know if there will be any GBA emulator made to use the Intel 2700 GPU?

phritosan
02-16-2005, 06:56 AM
dude, google.

yes, stealing is illegal, blah blah. just download the ROMs.

i use pocketSNES for the emulator, but i know theres a better one floating around the forum that does all sorts of game systems, cant recally the name.

Typhoon
02-16-2005, 11:30 PM
dude, google.

yes, stealing is illegal, blah blah. just download the ROMs.

i use pocketSNES for the emulator, but i know theres a better one floating around the forum that does all sorts of game systems, cant recally the name.

So what about GBA's emulation on the X50v? Is it good?

phritosan
02-17-2005, 12:18 AM
couldnt say, pocketSNES on my 4150 is the only thing ive used

Typhoon
02-17-2005, 03:00 AM
couldnt say, pocketSNES on my 4150 is the only thing ive used

Ohhh ok. Yea, it is good on the h4150. And good on the x50v. I would like to try GBA though.

PDANEWBIE
02-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Morphgear does tons of types of emulation and works well even with external inpupts (I use a Benq) as far as dumping roms you have to buy specific hardware for your PC that the cart plugs into. I have only used it for my GBA carts and my SNES carts but I have not seen any issues.

I don't know wht VGA does to this app as I am using QVGA.

Typhoon
02-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Morphgear does tons of types of emulation and works well even with external inpupts (I use a Benq) as far as dumping roms you have to buy specific hardware for your PC that the cart plugs into. I have only used it for my GBA carts and my SNES carts but I have not seen any issues.

I don't know wht VGA does to this app as I am using QVGA.

Where can I buy the hardware? Or at least, what are the words I should use in a search engine if I want to find the hardware...