View Full Version : Can't launch PIContacts from voice command

Fergus
02-12-2005, 12:21 AM
I have just started using MS voice command and am also a user of Pocket Informant. When i give MSVC a command such as SHOW <contact name> it shows me the contact but uses the built in contacts app rather than PI to do so, is this to be expected. If not how do i set it up so that PI is launched automatically whenever i give the SHOW <contact name> command. PI starts up fine when i use the buttons by the way.

Thanks
Fergus

Lex
02-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Only commiserating with you; When I ever have to repeat myself on any voice recognition app, it tells me these have a way to go before being really ready for the market. My cell phone in particular. "Kate, office... Kate OFFICE... KATE OFFICE...! Manually dialing...

ironguy
02-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Do you have PI set as th default PIM?
Open PI. Tap the PI icon on lower left. Tap Support. Select 'Make Default PIM'.
I don't know if this will change the way MSC works but it couldn't hurt.

Fergus
02-13-2005, 12:12 AM
nope no joy :(

Ed Hansberry
02-13-2005, 01:55 AM
Only commiserating with you; When I ever have to repeat myself on any voice recognition app, it tells me these have a way to go before being really ready for the market. My cell phone in particular. "Kate, office... Kate OFFICE... KATE OFFICE...! Manually dialing...

doesn't sound like you've used Voice Command. "Call Jeff McPherson on mobile" and similar commands work well. It isn't recorded pattern recognition like all phones I've used, it interprets your voice and finds the best match in your database. Not perfect, but much better than any cell I've used.