View Full Version : Sync cable no longer charging 2200

BoyScout
02-11-2005, 10:01 PM
I have a h2210 that I have had for over a year now. I bought a sync cable last year that would sync and recharge all at the same time. It worked great for a couple of months, but now it doesn't recharge the unit any more.

In fact, even using the regular charge cable, I have to wedge the connector into the slot on the 2210 to get it to charge.

I believe that it charges ok in the cradle however. But that is cumbersome because I have a Rhino case that I have to remove to insert the 2210 into the cradle.

Any ideas on a fix for this, or do I have to live with it the way it is?

Menneisyys
02-12-2005, 11:56 AM
I have a h2210 that I have had for over a year now. I bought a sync cable last year that would sync and recharge all at the same time. It worked great for a couple of months, but now it doesn't recharge the unit any more.

In fact, even using the regular charge cable, I have to wedge the connector into the slot on the 2210 to get it to charge.

I believe that it charges ok in the cradle however. But that is cumbersome because I have a Rhino case that I have to remove to insert the 2210 into the cradle.

Any ideas on a fix for this, or do I have to live with it the way it is?

When doesn't it charge - only then, when the the charge level of the battery is low? If it's the latter, then, this all can be explained by the aging/weakening of the battery and the limited current capabilities of the USB host, which isn't enough for charging a depleted battery.

BoyScout
02-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Doesn't matter if I let the battery completely discharge or if it is at 90%. I usually will let the battery discharge to at least 25% before recharging just to excercise it properly, but I do plug it in at times at 90%.

I think that it must be some of the pins bent on the 2210.

drop
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
You might want to check the power source. Is it your desktop PC?

Menneisyys
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Doesn't matter if I let the battery completely discharge or if it is at 90%. I usually will let the battery discharge to at least 25% before recharging just to excercise it properly

Do NOT "excercise" a Lithium-based battery. They don't need (and, actually, certainly dislike) to be depleted, unlike Nickel-based rechargeables. That is, keep them on charge whenever possible.

For more info on this subject, check http://batteryuniversity.com/ .