View Full Version : Belkin CF WiFI and X5/WM2003?

Underwater Mike
02-11-2005, 02:36 PM
I have a Linky WCF12 that's given me fits ever since I upgraded my X5 to WM2003. I've tried all the suggested fixes, but most of the time I can't even get the Axim to communicate with the card (which, of course, is out of warranty). This problem has gotten progressively worse over time, so I'm thinking that it may be hardware-related -- and time for a new card.

Does anyone know FOR SURE whether the Belkin F5D606 CF 11b card works with an X5 and WM2003? I hate to buy another card if they're all still having trouble, since my next PPC will have built-in wireless. But, if I can get another CF card for $50 and milk another year from my X5, it's a lot cheaper than a new X50v.

TIA

PDANEWBIE
02-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I have a WCF12 that is running fine on WM2003. Before you ditch it did you get the latest drivers from their website (rather than using the CD install)? When I used their CD I got all kinds of ocnnection problems until I went to their website. I actually had to Hard reset my PDA and then load the ones from the website for it to work right though.

Just a thought before you toss out something that could potentially still l work.

Underwater Mike
02-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I have a WCF12 that is running fine on WM2003. Before you ditch it did you get the latest drivers from their website (rather than using the CD install)? When I used their CD I got all kinds of ocnnection problems until I went to their website. I actually had to Hard reset my PDA and then load the ones from the website for it to work right though.

Just a thought before you toss out something that could potentially still l work.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have the most recent driver from the site -- it's just that, most of the time, the card still is recognized. I'd say that maybe once in 20 insertions it will work. Doesn't even work when I specify the name of the driver in the "unrecognized card" dialog.

I just missed expiration of a good deal on the X50v. Good thing for my Visa, since I'm frustrated enough to haul off and buy a new device!

UPDATE: My BT CF card still works fine, as do my other CF devices, so I'm pretty sure that it's not a problem with the slot.

Underwater Mike
02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
BTW, I saw some reviews of the Ambicom card on Amazon, and they said that WM2003 compatibility was there. But I find that Belkin stuff generally works pretty well -- and the Belkin card is a lot cheaper, too.

UPDATE: I gave up and bought the Ambicom card off Amazon. It's a bit more power-hungry than the Belkin, but it came in at almost $10 less after free shipping. I'll post reactions if anyone's interested.