View Full Version : I can put movies on my device

ipaq1940
02-11-2005, 02:27 AM
I have an iPAQ 1940, and a 512 MB SD card.

When I drag and drop large wmv and avi fies into my storage card, it will begin to transfer the files. The bar will go up about a quarter of the way, then stop. Then it will go down, and the process continues.

I have tried MULTIPLE types of large movie types (such as AVI and WMV), but niether goes on.

Help?

Mona13
02-11-2005, 02:31 AM
I use a card reader. It's faster & works great.

Darius Wey
02-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Are you doing this via ActiveSync or via a card reader? You should use the latter - you encounter less problems that way.

PDANEWBIE
02-11-2005, 06:13 AM
After Activesyncing about 15-20 megs in data I always get my connection dropped. I have tried it on 3 different PC's with the same result. I don't know if its an activesync limitation or just my device itself but I just got a card reader and do the transfer that way.

ipaq1940
02-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Actually, thanks, but I think it's not a problem.

I tried waiting for a while.

It "finifhed" when the bar was at the half way point. It still connects and transfers, but the bar doesnt show it... i guess.

Don't Panic!
02-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah Activesync does things like that. But really an SD card reader can be had for under $10 bucks so you'd save yourself a lot of time if you git one.

KTamas
02-12-2005, 09:37 AM
You really should get a cardreader.

Menneisyys
02-12-2005, 11:32 AM
I have an iPAQ 1940, and a 512 MB SD card.

When I drag and drop large wmv and avi fies into my storage card, it will begin to transfer the files. The bar will go up about a quarter of the way, then stop. Then it will go down, and the process continues.

I have tried MULTIPLE types of large movie types (such as AVI and WMV), but niether goes on.

AS has always worked like this. Nevertheless, it, in general, transfer files, so you shouldn't pay much attention to the progress bar it presents.

Furthermore, if you use for example the WinCE File System plug-in ( http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/wincefs.zip ; see http://ghisler.com/plugins.htm ) for Total Commander, the progress bar will display the right results.

elpedro
02-12-2005, 08:31 PM
not sure if this is the same problem but if anything it is similar.., I send resized video files to toshiba on the main memory *since I can't afford a sd card* and it is about 30 mb. 20mb will transfer to the pda and show up on memory bar for storage (while there is still 20mb free) and then freeze and goes back to 40mb originally free. Activesync will say item unresolved....and if I try to send the video file thru explorer it will transfer over 20mb of the file and stop while there is still 10mb left and 20mb free storage and say the device is out of memory... I thought maybe the ppc was auto-adjusting my memory but I watched it and my toshiba runs fine at 45mb for storage and 18mb for programs....never re-adjusts the memory....any ideas? please and thank you...