View Full Version : JUST A COUPLE QUESTIONS....

xxpinballxx
02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I just recieved my axim about 20 minutes ago and am having a few thoughts....

first one is- when i inserted the disk it stated that i already had activesync installed. Is the smartphone and the pocket PC the same in regards to the sync program. It is 3.7...

Second is I am having trouble linking up to my wireless network at home.
After enabling the Wi-Fi is shows my connection name but then it will not go to any sites?? Am I not setting it right or something? It has a popup that says to go to seting but I have already did that a dozen times. Is it possible it will not work with my wi-fi network here???

Radimus
02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
it will work fine with 3.7... although 3.8(1?) is the latest

verify the security settings on your wireless router for security, WEP keys, etc

xxpinballxx
02-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I finally got my 50v to connect but thte signal is very very weak??

Is there a way to boost it?
I can be in the same room as the router and it is still weak. With my laptop I can go to my next door neighbors house and use it in his basement!

Are there factors here affecting the signal that I do not know about? Does the actual size of the system or the type of programming affect it?

Other than that I am in love with this thing. Finding the set up it came with more than adequate for what I need it for.
Now for a financial program to keep track of my expenses and budget.

Anything out there good for that without all the business end of finances in the program?

OK now I can regularly get a signal but it goes from weak to no signal almost like a turn signal once its there and then its not????
Anoyone have a clue about this. I heard that if the router is G/B you need to make sure its able to accept B. I already did that but no help.