View Full Version : H3970 takes over 30 seconds to load AvantGo.

samw5
02-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Ok I've had several problems with my H3970, mainly since I've upgraded to Windows Mobile 2003.

I am running a 128MB Sandisk SD card and a 1GB Microdrive (dual CF Memplug Expansion Pack, second CF is for Wifi).
I had most of my programs installed on the SD card (roughly 50MB worth of programs, games and such). I initially thought the SD being much slower than the CF would cause the slow-downs.
I have Battery Pack Pro installed, with the Program Bar pointing to the SD installed apps. Soft Reset will lock the unit for 1-2 minutes (I can't enter the password until all programs are located). Removing the Program Bar from the Today Screen will allow normal soft reset (but the slow-downs make sense, even though it's not much fun).

Now, I recently moved everything to my CF card in hope to fix the slow SD access times. Unfortunately same problem happens.
Worse is that after installed the new version of AvantGo (installed on the storage card), the PPC will take roughly 30s to 1min to load AvantGo (I have about 2MB of channels).
Not sure whether or not this is normal. Disabling the Program Bar does nothing.

I have been wondering if the program is due to a bad ROM update (I have the latest revision... that came on the Compaq CD with Windows Mobile 2003). I also had the unit exchanged once but still have the same problems.
The unit is still under warranty (not for much longer) so I'm trying to see if other people with similar setup have similar problems (maybe also on H5400 units).

Thanks,
Sam