View Full Version : Pocket Movies Made Simple?

ethancaine
02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I've been trying to decipher all this crap about how to play what and which player does this better... and I'm confused :confused totally: .

I just want to play as many types of files as possible with as little conversion as possible :frusty: .

I can use Movie Maker 2 to compress my home movies, but how am I to play the AVI and DivX movies I have acquired :helpme: ?

I don't need nor want anything special, I like media Player 10, and am working on the cheaps :oops: .

hamishmacdonald
02-09-2005, 04:36 PM
You might want to try doing a search of the boards, because this is something that people have already posted TONS about.

But to shortcut you to a freeware answer, you can convert your DiVXs and AVIs using PocketDivXEncoder, and watch them with BetaPlayer. A quick search on Google should find both of these for you.

ethancaine
02-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Thank you for the reply.

I have done many many searches in the forums, but no where did I find how to install BetaPlayer... finally figured it out on my own last night... (it's amazing what a mind can accomplish by accident at 4 am) and between BetaPlayer and MP10, I can play all the files I've tried so far.