View Full Version : Keeping contact/schedule databases without Outlook

Ommadawn
02-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi,

I want to clean up my ipaq with a hard reset, but don't use Outlook, and was wondering if there was another way to save and restore just the contact and schedule databases after a hard reset. I can reinstall all my other stuff of course, but I've hundreds of contacts that will be lost if I can't do this.

Are they stored in files somewhere or something similar?

Any help will be much appreciated!

yankeejeep
02-08-2005, 02:52 AM
I'm not that familiar with the backup app that comes with iPAQs, but most allow you to select a backup of your PIM data rather than a complete backup. With an app like Sprite Backup, you can get even more selective. A PIM backup would allow you to restore only those databases after a hard reset.

Ommadawn
02-08-2005, 03:10 AM
The 1930 didn't come with a registered backup utility (there was someshareware software though). I'll check it, and Sprite backup out, as it sounds like that might do what I want.

Thanks!

Menneisyys
02-08-2005, 12:03 PM
The 1930 didn't come with a registered backup utility (there was someshareware software though). I'll check it, and Sprite backup out, as it sounds like that might do what I want.

Thanks!

You may also want to give a try to Pocket dbExplorer ( http://www.phatware.com/hpcdbex.html ), it's pretty easy to backup/restore your individual databases with it, even on completely different devices.