View Full Version : How would you do this..

SassKwatch
02-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Long time PPC user (current is an iPAQ5555) that's recently picked up a SmartPhone and want to do a little data reorganization and not sure the best way to approach. Here's the situation....

Currently on the PPC I have *all* my PIM info....work and personal....all of which is highly organized by category. The large majority of the data is work related. I'd like to rid the 5555 of the work related data (it will be maintained on the SmartPhone), but retain and reserve the 5555 exclusively for 'personal' data.

I reworked the ActiveSync partnership with the 5555 to sync by category thinking I could then simply delete the work related data on the 5555 and not have it affect same in Outlook on the desktop pc.

Thank goodness I tested that notion by only deleting one work related task from from the PPC and then syncing. As it turns out, syncing by category is only a one way affair. I.e, even if the ActiveSync settings are constructed to Sync by Category, whatever is created/edited/deleted on the PPC still gets transferred to the desktop. Ergo, if I simply delete the work related data on the PPC, it will also be deleted on the desktop.

So my question is....is there any method, short of a hard reset, I can utilize to remove the work related data from the PPC w/o losing it on the desktop??

Thanks!

surur
02-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Just a suggestion - delete the stuff on the ipaq, the partnership on the desktop and sync?

I haven't done this, but I dont expect you will lose anything by trying this cautiously.

Surur

SassKwatch
02-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Just a suggestion - delete the stuff on the ipaq, the partnership on the desktop and sync.

Ah yes...., that does sound like it should work. Thanks!