View Full Version : What software are you using to convert your CD collection to mp3's

Mona13
02-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Any recommendations on software to convert an audio CD to mp3? I have quite a collection and would love to play them on my PPC. Free would be nice, but I don't mind paying for software that is one-step, easy to use, etc.

Something similar to Pocket DVD Wizard except for mp3's would be nice.

Sven Johannsen
02-05-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm using Windows Media Player, but to wma, rather than mp3. (IIRC, WMP10 does support mp3 ripping if that is important). Once set up it can be as easy as drop the CD in and it get ripped automatically. I like to set it off manually though, as sometimes it takes a bit for the data to be found on the net, and I want to make sure I don't wind up with Uknown artist/unknown album rips.

Mona13
02-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Thank you, it worked great! I just converted a song to wma because when I selected mp3, WM10 gave me an error and said I needed to add something else to make it work.

Mona

Ripper014
02-05-2005, 05:32 AM
I like dbPowerAMP Music Convertor... it is a free application. You should be able to find it with a search on Google. It allows you to batch files as well. I am not sure if it encodes in Mp3 but I don't see why it wouldn't as long as you have the correct codec. I personally like ogg.

Darius Wey
02-05-2005, 08:09 AM
This thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37298) also discusses the same topic. It was asked only moments before you asked the question. Hope that's of some help.

Copter
02-08-2005, 11:50 PM
WMP does the trick fine...