View Full Version : Claunch and VGA?

Whiteninja
02-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Hello,

I have installed Claunch on my asus a730w, but in normal (SEVGA) mode, the background (the part of the today screen that is covered by the claunch tabs) seems all blown up, and there is a lot of pixelation. It works perfectly in Ozvga mode, but for some reason or another it doesn't seem "VGA-aware" in normal SEVGA.
Anyone have an idea as to what the problem could be? I thought claunch was VGA-compatible

Thanks in advance!

allenalb
02-04-2005, 10:21 PM
cLaunch is perfectly VGA aware if you use a "real VGA" tweak like oz_vga or se_vga. it is quite ugly if don't use one of these tweaks. the OS pixel-doubles the entire plugin, even the portion of the today screen behind it. if you resize the icons to 32x32 they look the best (you can see all the colors, but they still have the jaggies).

out of all of the commercial and freeware today launchers out there, i have always like cLaunch the best, and i really hope it gets updated soon. i actually had rhinolaunch, ilauncher, program bar AND pocketplus all installed at once for a week (imagine a today screen full of the same icons, over and over again :) ), and none were as good at the job as cLaunch.

of the ones i tried, pocketplus was the closest to claunch, however pocketplus has too many features that were already duplicated by other apps i had installed.

i finally just reinstalled cLaunch this weekend, and am living with the perfectly functional, if incredibly ugly interface.

Whiteninja
02-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Well,I thought to myself: if it doublepixels, then maybe I can just turn that off using the VGA Brute Force fix on Tweaks2k2. The problem is I don't know what file to use this fix on. Anyone have any tips on that?

allenalb
02-07-2005, 07:41 AM
brute force only helps with claunch in true VGA mode. everything looks exactly as it should, just very tiny.

it's in SE_VGA where you see the problems if you use brute force. the icons will only display the top left 1/4 of each icon (but it does show that corner in VGA :) ), and the menus become unusable. i don't mean they become ugly, i mean they don't actually work anymore, stuff is missing from them.

i would post screenshots, but unfortunately my 3 use trial of tweaks2k2 already ran out, and it's not a good enough program to pay for. i would actually rather pay for claunch, because if it were a commercial program, it would probably get updated at some point in the near future.