View Full Version : Want new PDA. Tell me what to buy!

JackTheTripper
02-04-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm sick and tired of my old e310. I want a new one. My only requirement is that it has 802.11b. I'm a cheap ass so if I were to choose I'd get the cheapest one I could find, but based on all the features etc... wot's your recomendation?

Jon Westfall
02-04-2005, 06:52 PM
GSM / GPRS has become too important for me, so personally I'd recommend a 6315, or one of the i-mate line that has WiFi. Unfortunatly, they aren't very value priced.

JackTheTripper
02-04-2005, 08:11 PM
OK, so assuming I DON'T want GSM or GPRS what are the differences in all the models with 802? wot makes one better than the others? Wot one whould I stay away from?

Tnx.

PetiteFlower
02-05-2005, 06:34 AM
If you want the most for your money go with dell, avoid HP.

Jon Westfall
02-05-2005, 07:07 AM
OK, so assuming I DON'T want GSM or GPRS what are the differences in all the models with 802? wot makes one better than the others? Wot one whould I stay away from?

Tnx.

Gee... why don't you want GSM - you must be nuts :mrgreen:

I agree with Petite on the avoidance of HP - it just seems to me that they aren't trying as hard as some of the other manufacturers. And in my opinion, some of the newer models just don't look as nice as the older ones. I did have a Ipaq 5000 series for awhile, and it was fairly nice and quick.

Darius Wey
02-05-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm sick and tired of my old e310. I want a new one. My only requirement is that it has 802.11b. I'm a cheap a$$ so if I were to choose I'd get the cheapest one I could find, but based on all the features etc... wot's your recomendation?

These days, you may be able to pick up an X30 at a sale price. It's a great device, as long as you are able to adapt to the form factor.

frankenbike
02-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I have an X30. But if I were buying today, I'd get an x50v. VGA resolution, both CF and SD slots, WiFi and BT. I really wish I had CF for the mass storage (which is also cheap and getting more "mass" all the time) and the option to use CF devices while still keeping the SD for storage of MP3s and maps. Or using both for storage, for that iPod effect ;)

If you keep on top of the deals on places like Aximsite and RasputinJ (http://rasputinj.com/), you can get one for around $360 (new, though that may come with some catches like additional purchases). Those deals usually only last a day or two, so you have to stay on top of it.