View Full Version : Duplicates, duplicates, and more duplicates

John Blasdell
02-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Another Outlook problem. Many appointments are recurring reminders, listed as Appointments in desktop Outlook and on my Axim X30. Lets say I delete a recurring reminder that shows up every Wednesday at 10:30, "Call Susan." It appears to be gone, until I sync with the desktop. "Call Susan" is back, on both the handheld and the desktop, and shows up every Wednesday for the last 2 or 3 years (before I had this computer or the Axim). I've tried deleting the whole series, then redoing the series starting next week, but that doesn't work for long. I tried leaving these completed appointments on the Axim, syncing, then deleting the appointments on the desktop while the Axim is sitting in the cradle (connected and continuously syncing). At some point, the whole series reappears, going back months or years. I never had this problem with my Palms! How can I delete completed appointments so they are GONE? I don't have time to play this silly game every time I sync!

Qman
02-04-2005, 12:49 PM
You need to configure those options in ActiveSync, so go to Tools, Options,
hi-lite Calendar and then click Settings.

John Blasdell
02-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I've already configured this setting. ActiveSync is set to ONLY sync the last 2 weeks and all future appointments. This should tell AS that deleted appointments in the last 2 weeks should also be deleted on the other device.