View Full Version : Qtek 9090 (PDA2K) Promotion: $50 Off, Free Shipping, Free Speakers

Jason Dunn
02-03-2005, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=290&inv_id=41207102405296&modid=41020102518013' target='_blank'>http://estore.shopplex.com/app/stor...=41020102518013</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Introducing the new Qtek 9090 (same as Imate PDA2K). It’s sleek, super fast, and packed with features. Quite simply, it leaves the others at the starting blocks. Built from the ground up for the highly mobile professional, this work horse puts you in the driver’s seat no matter where your business takes you. Powered by GPRS &amp; WiFi technology, so you can access the internet, send/receive emails, and download important files at high speeds. Built in QWERTY keyboard - simply slide your screen up to reveal it conveniently hidden underneath. Get the latest Microsoft® Pocket PC tools including MSN® Messenger, Internet Explorer, &amp; Windows® Media Player. View your screen in landscape format if you choose. PLUS! built in Bluetooth®, digital camera/video recorder, MP3 Player, and 128MB RAM."</i><br /><br />I've been using one of these for the past month or so, and it's a fantastic Pocket PC - powerful, fast, and with the TriWi (Bluetooth + WiFi + GSM/GPRS) it's the most functional Pocket PC I've ever used. It's everything the iPAQ 6315 <i>wished</i> it could be. ;-) AGB Global, our affiliate partner, is doing a special promotion: $50 off the price of $899 USD, free shipping to North America or Europe ($28 USD value), and a set of folding speakers. <a href="http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=290&inv_id=41207102405296&modid=41020102518013">Check it out.</a> [Affiliate]

Jon Westfall
02-03-2005, 11:02 PM
If I only had a spare $1000 lying around...

I almost purchased the I-Mate 2k, however in the end I realized that for someone who relies on his PPC for a lot, I need something I can get a quick replacment for - and a new 6315 is only a phone call away from T-Mo's customer care. (Unfortunatly, they are pretty used to haveing to exchange 6315's :( )

pr0vider
02-03-2005, 11:17 PM
I can get the Sprint PPC 6601 model of this PDA for $629, even without discounts. What's the big deal? Of course, Sprint doesn't include wifi in their unit, which I don't need anyway, living in the sticks and all.

:?:

R K
02-04-2005, 01:20 AM
I can get the Sprint PPC 6601 model of this PDA for $629, even without discounts. What's the big deal? Of course, Sprint doesn't include wifi in their unit, which I don't need anyway, living in the sticks and all.

You can also get a Siemens SX-66 from Cingular as well. It's $650 without contract and lacks the camera in the I-mate PDA2K/Qtek 9090/XDA IIs.

I believe that one of the biggest reasonf for the price increase is that these devices are being imported while the Siemens and the Sprint are readily available here.

sxt1173
02-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Try this link instead.

http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?modid=41020102518013&amp;promotional_code_41020102518013=P4Q6S-1T9Q7

Failing that, use this product code to get the discount

P4Q6S-1T9Q7

sxt.

maximus
02-04-2005, 02:07 AM
It’s sleek, super fast, and packed with features. Quite simply, it leaves the others at the starting blocks. Built from the ground up for the highly mobile professional, this work horse puts you in the driver’s seat no matter where your business takes you.

Personally I dont understand all these big fuss about XDA IIs and it's siblings.

Superfast ? Still using 400 mhz processor.
Packed with feature ? Yeah, it has wifi and sliding keyboard, what else ? No magneto, no 1.3 megapixel camera, no VGA screen, no 3G, no CF slot ...

Comparing this with the older XDA II, only 3 items are different :
1. It has wifi
2. It has sliding keyboard
3. It has twice the price of XDA II

R K
02-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Personally I dont understand all these big fuss about XDA IIs and it's siblings.

Packed with feature ? Yeah, it has wifi and sliding keyboard, what else ? No magneto, no 1.3 megapixel camera, no VGA screen, no 3G, no CF slot ...

1. It has wifi

The term "feature packed" can be subjective at times. WiFi and a sliding keyboard can be a world of difference to some while it's just a gimmick to those who don't need either.

As far as #3 on your list goes, the XDA IIs is the same price that the XDA II was a year ago. I'm sure that the XDA IIs/XDA III will be as cheap when the MDA IV/XDA IV comes out a year from now.

DaleReeck
02-04-2005, 06:03 AM
It’s sleek, super fast, and packed with features. Quite simply, it leaves the others at the starting blocks. Built from the ground up for the highly mobile professional, this work horse puts you in the driver’s seat no matter where your business takes you.

1. It has wifi

As R K said, it can be subjective. The PDA2K is packed with features for a converged device. How many other PDA phones have 400MHZ processors? Just the HTC models as far as I know. How many have VGA? None. 3G? Again, HTC is one of the few. CF slot? No PDA phone has a CF slot. Plus, throw in WiFi, BT and a sliding keyboard, it is feature packed. Hey, there aren't many regular PDA's this loaded, let alone a converged device.

maximus
02-04-2005, 08:22 AM
The term "feature packed" can be subjective at times. WiFi and a sliding keyboard can be a world of difference to some while it's just a gimmick to those who don't need either.

Agreed with you. It might be subjective. But for me, in order to call a device 'feature packed', it has to have all the latest -- e.g. VGA screen, 1.3 mpx camera and builtin transflash slot.

I was in singapore 2 weeks ago, in an electronic store, putting a brand new XDA IIs next to my older XDA II. And I simply cannot justify the extra S$650 to upgrade from II to IIs. I ended up purchasing the XDA mini instead.

As far as #3 on your list goes, the XDA IIs is the same price that the XDA II was a year ago. I'm sure that the XDA IIs/XDA III will be as cheap when the MDA IV/XDA IV comes out a year from now.

Again, I am in agreement with you. I am merely felt a bit dissapointed to the fact that after a year, HTC only managed to add wifi and sliding keyboard into its latest model. I somewhat expected a device that is truly 'feature packed' (see above).

beq
02-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Shoot I'd bought the i-Mate PDA2k from Expansys barely a week ago for $935 with shipping (no bundled folding speakers either). Bad timing I guess :( It's already out of the country now with the travelling family member I'd bought it for. At the time I didn't know of any other place that had it in stock (with a cheaper price to boot)... This Qtek is also unlocked right?

You can also get a Siemens SX-66 from Cingular as well. It's $650 without contract and lacks the camera in the I-mate PDA2K/Qtek 9090/XDA IIs.

I believe that one of the biggest reasonf for the price increase is that these devices are being imported while the Siemens and the Sprint are readily available here.
Oh I didn't know this either (I guess I should've paid closer attention)! Cingular's Siemens SX-66 doesn't have the camera? I was waiting for it to be stocked so I can buy one for myself at a cheaper price (since I don't travel internationally much, I won't really need an unlocked unit). But no still/video camera is another thing...

Another thing, I thought the $650 price is with a Cingular contract? If not, how much cheaper would it be with a 1 or 2 yr contract does anyone know?

P.S. I also wanted to ask, does this PDA support "speakerphone" mode for cellphone calls? I mean make the built-in speaker loud enough so you can use it as a speakerphone. With music it's no problem, but for cellphone calls I couldn't seem to make it loud enough...

R K
02-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Another thing, I thought the $650 price is with a Cingular contract? If not, how much cheaper would it be with a 1 or 2 yr contract does anyone know?
It's $550 with a two-year contract.

P.S. I also wanted to ask, does this PDA support "speakerphone" mode for cellphone calls? I mean make the built-in speaker loud enough so you can use it as a speakerphone.
Hold down the SEND button while you're in a call--this will turn on the speakerphone.

beq
02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
It's $550 with a two-year contract.
You know, $100 doesn't seem that much of a discount for a 2yr contract, then again I don't know what's a normal discount rate these days for locked phones with contract...

Hold down the SEND button while you're in a call--this will turn on the speakerphone.
That's great, thanks very much for the info R K! :D

beq
02-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Jason, can you confirm this sponsor deal? The discount doesn't show up, unless one clicks on the link provided by sxt1773 (and even then it's not an even $50 discount, which is why I wanted to make sure this is the correct deal?). Trying to check out shows free shipping, but no mention of the speakers?

Anyways, from what I recall Qtek is HTC's new self-brand correct? Will they provide timely ROM updates and support? Can we just use Carrier Devices/i-Mate's updates? Can we assume anything we buy now will already have the latest updates such as the Bluetooth fix (in case it's hard to get them later)?

sxt1173
02-04-2005, 01:35 PM
In order to activate speakerphone on any Windows mobile device, you press and hold the green dial key on the pad for about 3 seconds. To deactivate, you press and hold the key for 3 more seconds.

Hope this helps.

sxt.

bradolson
02-04-2005, 04:07 PM
You can also get the PDA2K from a different retailer for $800+shipping with this discount:

http://www.gottadeal.com/deal-info-id-7453-store-gottadeal.html

The JAM is also available for $599

sxt1173
02-07-2005, 02:26 AM
seems AGB have taken the point and brought the price down with the promotional code further.

Jason Dunn
03-01-2005, 12:44 AM
P.S. I also wanted to ask, does this PDA support "speakerphone" mode for cellphone calls? I mean make the built-in speaker loud enough so you can use it as a speakerphone. With music it's no problem, but for cellphone calls I couldn't seem to make it loud enough...

Press and Hold the green phone button for about four seconds and it will go into speakerphone mode. :-)

beq
03-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks again R K, sxt1173, and Mr. Jason :D